VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Ever Have This Happen?

Rate this question

confusion99%

Question

While at Houston RO dropping off some stuff, I submitted for the premium ebenefits access so I could get into the blue button.

They took the form I filled out with the two id's, left the room for a couple minutes, came back, handed me a copy of the form and told me it would be about 4 weeks and I would get it in the mail.

I get home and want to go to ebenefits to see if the new evidence I hand carried had showed up, since they seem to be slamming everything through right now.

Bingo...invalid login.....tried fishing for new password...came back I have no account. So that means, I have no account to get into ebenefits for the next month...This while they are getting ready to close my claim most likely...Moved to Prep for Decision on Sat. What a crock of crap....Anything and everything to irritate and make info unavailable....

Sorry for the frustration, but they may be doing you a favor since ebennies can be so inaccurate it's a scary coaster ride.

Try to occupy yourself with other things or even examining your claim for weak spots in case appeal is needed.

Hang in there! :smile:

Can you get to your VAMC or CBOC without a long drive? They can get your premium MyHeatheVet access within a day or two, and then maybe you can leverage that to get back into eBenefits. That's how I got eBenefits access.

Kelly's right, though. I don't know what's worse. Having access so you can "watch paint dry," and not trust what you read, or just be blind to the whole process? IRIS takes way too long to get a response. Who has 30-45 minutes to sit on hold on the 800#?

• HadIt.com Elder

Call 800 827 1000 and tell them ebenefits does not work. It may be possible that you checked while they were upgrading.

I tried to backdoor through mypay....and it told me I had either applied already or whatever....So that tells me since I applied for the premium account I can't get a new account on line.....I will just wait it out and start preparing for the appeal. Unfortunately reading all the problems people have had, I have no faith that I will get anything increased or my IU... But we will see. I actually was very happy when I got the additional 70% that I got the last time we danced together. So there is a "just maybe" floating around in the back of my head somewhere.

I'll try those numbers Tuesday.....Not much reason to try anything over this holiday weekend where most Gov't offices take a 4 day weekend anyway....thanks for the numbers