VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

End All Backlog By 2015?

Rate this question

bojack

Question

I heard President Obama and VA Secretary told press their goal is to end all backlog by 2015. Is this true?

Is that a good thing or bad thing for us because won't they just rush the process (rushing menas less accurate I am guessing).

Thankse everyone.

I am still waiting for my decision (been fighting since 02/06/2014).

That's hilarious Berta! McDonald's handing out fish sandwiches instead of Big Macs!

Yeah no other governmental agency seems to get the leeway with errors that VA is given.

I really don't understand why they don't simply hire and properly train more employees to process claims. With their massive budget they definitely can afford to. I think the real reason they don't want to do this is because they never want the backlog to end. They never want veterans to think that filing a disability claim is a quick and easy process. They always want veterans to believe that it will take them five years and lots of appeals to possibly win. Just that idea alone is enough to stop thousands and thousands of veterans from even beginning this process.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta, I agree

New and Material Evidence in 38 CFR3.356 (a&b) is the most important Reg's we have, if all veterans would take a little time and read up on the CFR'S It would make the claims process a little better to understand and help them with their claim...when a vet has all his T's & I's crossed it makes it hard for the VA to denied.

Just my opinion I don't think the VA will ever get ''caught up'' and there will always be a backlog!

• HadIt.com Elder

We should go block VARO and say "Your are choking me with your incompetence. I can't breath!" You see how much attention a few thousand protestors get about a shooting. We vets could raise holy hell with the VA. The RO's need to be torn down brick by brick. Nobody more arrogant that some VA staffers who thinks vets are all"gimmes". I have experienced that attitude even when VA was awarding me a rating. "We are giving you this rating you undeserving, rotten, fish burger". " Please die soon". You can know regs. backwards and forwards and still end up in appeal for a decade. I know I am at that place now. We need to become VA insurgents.

You do have to use the enemy's weapons since that is all we have to fight with in the VA, but you are still going to get a fish sandwich in the face. Berta who is VA expert and long suffering widow/spouse knows that even the best claim can turn into McFish in a hurry. I can hardly walk some days but I would hold sigh at RO to tell the world "We hate fish sandwich from VA"' That motto from Berta may catch on.

John

John, it is odd that every single thing that could go wrong with my husband's claims, and my claims and even my daughters first claim as a veteran, went wrong.

But it is through fighting them back over wrong decisions , that I gained a lot of knowledge that I sure hope has been helpful over the past 17 years at hadit...

When I look back ( I have been going over some past decisions I got but most of them are in a heavy file cabinet my neighbor stuck facing a wall in a room I am trying to repaint and carpet). I must admit that I did make many mistakes in the way I approached some of those those older claims.That added more time to receive the proper award.

Worse mistake of all I ever made... I had NSOS and vet reps long ago ,who I thought knew more then I did and would act in my best interests.

EVERY0NE here knows more then they did.

I dont know how I came up with the fish sandwich remark as I was typing here yesterday. But I did coin the phrase Shreddergate here at hadit and that phrase still stands for the downright incompetence and deliberate anti-vet nature of the VA.

I think most of us have been victims of FISHGATE!

I feel bad that I left my PC ,went to our annual Church Christmas Party, then did a volunteer job for my church, about more then 3 hours ago and never closed the last hadit post here I made...

I guess it doesn't matter but still I should of closed down the PC.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

"FISHGATE" ha,ha you and K9MAL with a fish sandwich in the face. If you had been an actual vet exposed to AO the VA would be crying and weeping to see you come in the door. You probably would have been with Ken Carpenter giving them the fresh fish in the face special. Every time you kick the VA in the %$#$% bells sound a heavenly choir. It is Christmas and it is the time of giving. I want Santa to give everyone working at the RO the present of food poisoning via a fish sandwich. Maybe Santa could just drop a big fish burger on top of St. Pete VARO. We should fill our souls with love and forgiveness to all except I can't. 40 years of neglect and abuse from the VA deserves more than a fish fry. Possible that my brain responds poorly to Christmas time, but image of VA Secretary being hit by 40lb flounder makes me laugh.