VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

End All Backlog By 2015?

Rate this question

bojack

Question

I heard President Obama and VA Secretary told press their goal is to end all backlog by 2015. Is this true?

Is that a good thing or bad thing for us because won't they just rush the process (rushing menas less accurate I am guessing).

Thankse everyone.

I am still waiting for my decision (been fighting since 02/06/2014).

Filed May 2013 an they just closed my claim on July 3r, 2014 still waiting on the mail. Need to hire more people in order to get the backlog down, Winston Salem NC.is way behind. They sent my claim to waco texas an it still took over a year. Good luck everyone!

Latest statistics indicate that, at the present pace, the stacks of entitlement claims for disability compensation that are older than 125 days will be driven down to nothing by mid-summer next year. I don't believe they'll actually achieve no wait longer than 125 days, but there likely will be a great number of claims shifted around to be completed as fast as possible.

With extra speed often comes extra errors. Like we've already seen, the stack in the entitlement inbox is being shifted to the stack in the appeals inbox.

But the shifting around with the extra errors are going to make filing an appeal more challenging, because we're supposed to appeal to the RO which made the decision. For instance, I've got an appeal at our local RO as well as another one halfway across the country. The two appeals are related. I don't have any idea how they'll handle them other than combine them once they eventually arrive at BVA.

• HadIt.com Elder

They can just deny all the claims and force vets into appeals. Half won't appeal, and the other half will be in appeals for years. It is just a shell game. I also believe that almost all the OIF/OEF vets and most of the surviving Vietnam vets are going to be filing claims in the coming few years. For the RVN vets it is assumed that agent orange is responsible for many, many diseases that do show up with age. I am sure AO contributes to early onset, but we are all probably going to die from AO.

John

They can just deny all the claims and force vets into appeals. Half won't appeal, and the other half will be in appeals for years. It is just a shell game.

John

I think you're right, John. It's like they're shoving the mess into the closet and hoping Mom doesn't open the door. The appeals backlog is one of the biggest the unspoken problems right now, IMO.

Call me a pessimist but I don't believe anything that comes out of a politician's mouth until I actually see it happen.

• HadIt.com Elder

They are born liars. They can't help it. It is the same old VA to me that is has been for 40 years. I don't trust them to fix an ingrown toenail. They filled the same cavity three times before I gave up and went to a private dentist. The filing in between my front teeth kept falling out via the bored VA dentist. I am suppose to trust these idiots with an implant.....NO,NO I don't want to get an infection and lose half my jaw.

John