VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The News Today

john999

• HadIt.com Elder

After Obama gave his speech today I heard Ex-Military news commentators suggesting that vets should be given medicare/medicade cards and that the VA system is permanently broken. If all disabled vets were taken in under medicare that would suit me as long as I don't have to pay for it any more. I pay for medicare as it is, so I would be willing to trade VA health benefits for a medicare system that would take care of ALL my medical needs since I am 100%. If disabled vets were to be taken in under medicare we should not have to pay for it that is for sure. This probably won't happen anyway since their is gigantic political investment in the VA system including jobs and buildings.

John

I liked the idea one gave on Fox, to give Congress and Senators VA health care. Then they would really find out what it is like.

Years ago we had an acting VA secretary for a while, disabled but not visibly, who actual went to many VA's in a wheelchair undercover so to speak and was appalled at some of the treatment he got.....

I dont recall who it was but , many of us have been around the VA block for decades and things don't get better, they get worse.

I sure hope the IG reports can answer the old Watergate question

what did they ( VA officials) know and when did they know it?

I thought Obama said the preliminary IG investigation did not establish a nexus ( my word here not his) between the waiting periods and the deaths......

Heck the VA OGC said basically something similar to me when he got my SF 95.

He said oh well, 'maybe he would have died anyhow....'

My husband was only 47 years old when he dropped dead due to VA health care....

The age and/or condition of a patient does not mean at all, that this is a reasonable defense for malpractice.

"Oh well maybe he would have died anyway".......Berta if he/she would have said that to me, they might have died that day themselves.....Just saying......

• HadIt.com Elder

87.5 billion dollars and where does that money go? I understand compensation but the rest of it is being scamed away by a system that just cannot serve vets as it should. The health care system should be radically changed. I don't need to drive 20 miles for a flu shot. A trip to the VA is awful in the summer in Florida for me. I am limping around the hospital campus for nothing I could not get a mile from home if I had ChampVA.