VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The News Today

john999

87.5 billion dollars and where does that money go? I understand compensation but the rest of it is being scamed away by a system that just cannot serve vets as it should. The health care system should be radically changed. I don't need to drive 20 miles for a flu shot. A trip to the VA is awful in the summer in Florida for me. I am limping around the hospital campus for nothing I could not get a mile from home if I had ChampVA.

typical millitary mentality. Back when I was in, they would bus 400 troops across base to get a lecture, instead of having the guy giving the lecture drive to our unit.

I think maybe they are considering to shut down va hospitals and send us to regular hospitals.. that would be a huge mistake. The VA hospitals are not the problems, it is the system that manages them, and are control freaks.

• HadIt.com Elder

THEY HAD AN 80 BILLION BUDGET IN 1991.

Tell me that they wait for Veterans to die.

I can say that I like the care I am getting now but still hate the pharmacy.

If I could make a choice and take ChampVA with no copay on meds I would jump for it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I see medical care in the USA as a human rights issue. We have the richest country in the world and yet millions cannot afford healthcare. The insurance companies are making billions off of the suffering public. Insurance premiums go up to pay the CEO of some outfit like WellCare 500 million a year. My brother was DX'ed with signs of blood cancer and then his doctor dropped him because they did not like his insurance. My private shrink will not take BC/BS because they will not pay in decent time for mental health outpatient care. BC is the largest health insurance company in the world. Medicare only pays 50% of allowable charge for mental health. Half the people in the USA have some mental health issue at some time in their life.

We vets should lead the way on these issues. I think by agitating and agitating for change in VA health care we can help all.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I now get good care from the VA. I think that the reason is Dallas VA got ranked as worse of all and they fixed it. It has slid back for some but I feel that they take pretty good care of me.

The biggest problem I have with VA is its a training hospital and we are a bunch of old guinea pigs being practiced on by inexperienced Doctors