Ptsd Mst Reopened Claim

Faith123

Question

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help... I was denied ptsd for 2009 mst claim for not enough evidence. I just found out in my old claim that my va records were "not available" they said that they had requested the info from me, but that was false I never received any paperwork other than my denial. In July 2013 the VA sent me a letter to reopen my case if I had any new material evidence. I found my VA treatment records myself from both Fl and NY sent that in and uploaded to ebene account. I also sent a letter from my current private psychiatrist. My questions are: 1. My new claim closed two days ago but I never had C&p exam? 2. On ebenes it only has private dr. Letter as new evidence and nothing has changed as far as VA letter benefits ab8 letter, I think they are going to deny me again and it is just tearing me apart that no one can give me any information on my file? What should I do next to help myself?? Thank you!!!!

I just do not know how else to prove this happened to me? I was thinking about requesting a hearing so I can speak for myself and tell an actual person I am looking at what happened and it's effects on my life since. I'm sick of being told in a letter that I was not raped in the army! I have provided buddy letters from my family and husband, been treated for ptsd mst at the VA for 8 years! Now I'm at a private practice because I am so disgusted with the VA. Anyways my claim is in St. Pete,and like I said just closed with no changes....

"In July 2013 the VA sent me a letter to reopen my case if I had any new material evidence"

Did they send you this letter with no request for reopen from you ?

did u ever locate your in service medical records

have u tried to submit buddy statements?

have u requested a copy of your c file?

can u post the denial letter here. just omit personal info.

Thank you for your prompt response! Yes, VA sent ME the letter to re open. I did not locate my in-service records just my VA treatment records for mst ptsd. There would not be any records of "it" when I was in the Army, I told 2 sgts but nothing ever happened. I did however annotate what happened when I was out processing on the computer questionnaire, I have tried to call ft drum but have not been able to find anyone that can locate that information as this was 13 years ago. The only people who have submitted buddy letters for me is my family and husband, I do not speak with anyone from the army. I tried to contact the sgt I told but he would not email me back. I did not request c file. I registered for the website where you have the "blue" button is that where I can look for it?

• Subscription Holder

I might talk to a VA lawyer if I was you. You should probably use the VA just as a system to document your claim for MST. The more often that goes into your medical records the better. After a while the VA may just accept it as fact. I would continue to see my private doctor. I have used a private doctor for my psychological problems for decades. It really saved my life. The VA was so horrible back in the day I would not go near them for 20 years. I think this was a mistake compensation --wise. You want to use the VA system to your advantage given all their short comings. I see a VA shrink today. I just get meds but I am documenting my continued need for help. The military needs to clean up the MST thing now.

John

• Like 1