VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congress Holds A Va Scandal Hearing & No One Showed Up...

Rate this question

Commander Bob

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I can understand why - - Congress wants answers, and the VA cannot afford to give them.

Since when is stone walling by the VA anything new?

That may be a good name for the secretary... Stonewall Shenseki. He doesnt budge when it comes to doing anything, just sits there like a stone wall. You can only ride your past credentials for so long,. I dont care if he single handedly defeated an entire battalion. I want results for the job hes doing NOW.

• HadIt.com Elder
So who should we replace him with?
It may appear that Secretary Shinseki's poker face looks like he may be stonewalling However, his record and his courage in the face of adversity, tells us otherwise.
I would suggest that the fact checkers take a closer look at Gen. Shinseki's record. He has proven himself and he is the right man for the job, now that he is no longer being snowed by the VA lifers... We know what that's like. We have been gamed for years before the Gen. came aboard the VA. .
Would we prefer someone like Dr. Robert L. Jesse, a career VA employee, to take over and continue the status quo, after another VA cover up?
JMHO. Give the Gen. a chance to clean up the mess, that we all know took decades to make. Don't rush to judgment. This isn't McDonalds, It won't be a fast food job.
C.B.
Edited by Commander Bob

Good point, Bob,

As has been said, the replacement could be far worse so we need to be sober-minded in deciding where to go from here.

Meghan Kelly had some veterans on explaining their stories; I haven't seen Congress do this. I have a few of my own. Why aren't they asking for veterans' input?

I'd love to see a Chain of Command chart for the entire VA to see who reports to whom, who's union "Untouchable" etc.

We desperately need civilian outside investigators and not another IG dog & pony show.

Edited by Notorious Kelly

A dog & pony show is about all we are going to see. The minute CNN broke this story, documents that could show it to be true started hitting the shredder. It's going to boil down to name calling (liars and disgruntled employees). CNN should have hired disabled vets to go undercover and document the allegations and then broke the story.

Gen. Shinseki has held the Sec. of Vet affairs job longer than any other I understand. I think it is a mistake putting a General in charge of the VA in my opinion. With military operations, problems and issues always stick out like a sore thumb. With the VA we have Executive Service and GS-15s grabbing the cash and hiding behind locked doors to launder the money. No one is called to bear on their activities. The VA is ripe for organized crime that feeds on big money. The OIG is only there to protect the Agency that they have cognizance over. They are like the three monkeys that see, speak and hear no evil against their beloved "daddy" Agency. I think it is time to close it all down and sell off to the highest bidders.

We don't need an RO full of uneducated airheads running a muck and waiting till holiday rootie tootie. Shut it all down and put an office of Vet affairs next to the Social Security Office. Streamline the process so that Vets can get their compensation in a timely manner rather than waiting years for chump change. The VA is against Veterans. There is just no other way to put it. Get the money in the hands of Veterans who were supposed to have it in the first place. Sometimes it is best to just shoot the lame horse and get another. I say dump the unions and the agencies that use up cash like a drug addict and deliver little if nothing at all!