VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Expect At A C&p

Rate this question

DickC

Question

A big THANKS to everyone on this board. I finally got most of my civilian medical records together (also learned that they are only kept for 10 years and then destroyed) and met with a VSO for the first time. As soon as I get a couple more pieces of paperwork we will file the claim (VSO says we need to do it before the end of Sept) and once filed it will take 8-12 months for the VA to schedule an exam. My question is: What should I expect from the C&P exam? The claims are for hearing loss, tinnits, and headaches.

Dick

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Dick, once you file the claim, You will go into a waiting period for the VA to get all the records in the governments posession. They will then schedule you for an exam. The Exams are different for each disability claimed. There is a link on the hadit home page for the actual examination criterua for different claims. http://www.hadit.com/thingstodoatcandp.htm

also http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm.

I suggest filing as soon as possible.

Welcome.

John

Dick,

Do you have vascular headaches? I could help a little there, I just wrote up my NOD and finished today.

This site will help you a lot.

I would be early for your appointment, dress like you do every day, unless you wear a suit and tie, and make sure that you have all of your issues that are covered in the rating regs addressed and on the C&P exam.

When your done go over to the RO and ask for the VA Form to request the C&P ezam for yopur records, and so you can make sure the doctor wrote down all of the issues that you brought up. I can put personal in the "reasons" you are requesting the form if you want....I told them exactly what I want it for, and what I'm going to do with it.

If you haven't received your C-File, and any other records that you have been wanting a copy of, this is a good time to request them while your there, and can get a time/date stamp on the request form...this way it is less likely to dissapear in that "black hole" at the VA.

Hope the best for ya!

BoonDoc

Edited by BoonDoc