VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do I Have A Chance At Iu, (Here's My Results)

Rate this question

Jesuslives316

Question

I'm 40% for back, 30% for neck, 20% for right arm and 10% for left leg. I applied for iu, I have submitted a letter from previous employer stating he let me go because of my back problems, he really put together a great letter for me. Also my chiropractor wrote a letter saying I can't work due to the extent of my back and neck problems. Here is the oh crap moment,

c and p doctor said my back effects work however I can do sedimentary work, he obviously didn't write about my limited ROM

or my inability to use my dominant arm, not to mention how I can't sit or stand for more than 30 minutes, I am only semi comfortable in bed, my wife even went into the exam with me, she has to dress me and drive me everywhere. So, what do you guys think. I'm in notice of decision phase, does it look bleed or is there a chance I get iu. Also should I file nod if denied. Thankyou so much for your thoughts.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I applied for Tdiu on May 15, 2014 and I hope I get approved as this will help out a lot. I am 90% overall at the moment and I am sure this process takes about a year before a decision is rendered. I am currently on the gathering of evidence stage on ebenefits. Is their anything can do to help my situation or case? Thanks in advance.

• HadIt.com Elder

As I stated above, a denial from VocRehab is excellent evidence that you are TDIU. Very often they deny VocRehab as "not feasible" due to the veterans disabilities and are frequently willing to issue a statement as to that fact.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't work due to a service connected injury you shouyld get 100% in some form or another. Most have problems with low ball VA ratings and how they interpret there own regulations.

Never give up fight for you benefits.

Thanks for the replies. I also applied for voc rehab about 3 months ago now and all I received so far is one letter. The letter basically stated that my application was received and they are checking to see if I am qualified for voc rehab. I thought if a veteran was 30% or more they qualified.