VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraines From Tbi ( Please Offer Your Opinion )

Rate this question

Jesuslives316

Question

I put in a claim for migraines, my first c and p was with the neurologist, and he wrote down everything I stated, he put down the criteria that meets the 50 percent rating for migraines ( completely prostrating ). He even linked them to my stressor with an at least as likely as not statement. But I had another c and p with an ignoramus doctor who wrote my migraines were severe but not prostrating, he screwed me and wrote everything opposite of what I told him. I have been treated at the va for my migraines and I have a lot medication for them in my va records, my question is are they going to take the neurologists recommendation which states the 50 percent rating criteria, or the other c and p opinion that said I don't have prostrating migraines. And should I file a nod if low balled or denied, Thank you everyone for chiming in.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am 30% for Migraines/TBI and I should have been rated at the 50% level too. I just put in for an increase yesterday. I get 21 injections in my head every 3 months, and I take the strongest Prescription for Migraines you can get. I just did not want to fight the % last year, as I was working on my SSDI claim and other VA claim. Now that I am 100% VA, and granted SSDI , now I am going to fight a few of the smaller fights. God Bless and good luck

Besides an IMO, how much weight would a couple letters from family and friends explaining my symptoms carry, also where would I find doctors to write IMO s for me, where would I look, what kind of doctor, I know I'll probably have to pay and that's fine. Thank you. I don't know if my primary would write a letter but I could ask.

IMHO, letters from family and friends describing what you go through have the potential to be of benefit. If it were me, I'd get doctors to put something in writing, starting with your primary care doc. Someone with MD or DO after their name is more likely to have an impact. Are you getting your care inside the VA or outside? If you're outside, ask your primary care doc for a recommendation on a neurologist who has a background or strong interest in TBI and its impacts. More than just combat vets are getting their brain boxes rattled, and the knowledge of what happens is spreading.

Before you start spending money, though, I'd wait for the decision. BUT, it's never a bad idea to get yourself ready to move quickly should you be denied.