VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ollie North Denied Timely Care

Berta

Question

'In his own particular case, North revealed that the VA once told him to come back in six or seven months for someone to take a look at his cancer."

“If I didn’t have a Fox medical plan, I would be dead today,” the Fox News host said.

He dismissed President Barack Obama’s effort to investigate the VA, and said that calls for accountability have been ignored since the Fast and Furious, IRS and Benghazi scandals began.

He said this, at Fox News at about 6:30 AM.Saturday His cancer is from AO.

It is mentioned in this article:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/23/oliver-north-disgusting-that-senate-took-up-redskins-name-over-dealing-with-va-video/

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Outrageous behavior and callous treatment of veterans are things that the VA has been known for - for decades, not months or years.

In the 1960's while I was still in school, Korean War veterans were having the same kinds of problems that current era veterans have with the VA.

For one, the VA frequently totally ignores the clauses in law that are intended to "make up" for the lack of evidence and records for "combat veterans".

I had some problems that relate to this. Seems that - -

A ship I served on was later mined, with significant losses of paper records, including a backup file containing

shipboard medical treatment records.

An in Vietnam USAF hospital managed to "misplace/loose" my medical records. Decades later, those records more or less turned up

at the St Louis Repository.

The VA, seems to have lost records around 2008, significantly some that were "inconvenient",

in that they showed the VA's gross ineptness and intent to deny rather than fairly evaluate.

When I was returning to Iraq from R&R in 03, while in Kuwait, there was a outside USO show happening about a quarter of a mile away. I didn't go over by the crowd of about 3-4 hundred Soldiers as I could hear the music from where I was taking a break from the heat. Anyway, when they were shutting down I saw about 100 Soldiers come out of a tent followed by Ollie North. Before I could get over there he was on a bus and gone. What I would have gave for a picture with him.

I did however, get a picture with Brian Dennehy while in Iraq. It was pretty funny as I was the first one in line as no one else knew who he was. Gave my mom the picture when I got home.

Hamslice