Just Joined

SSG O

Hello, Just wanted to greet everyone and looking forward on gaining valuable knowledge on navigating VA obstacles.

I'm a 10 year as 13Bravo and 3 year 44C medical reclass lol. I served in Haiti, Operation Desert Fox and OIF III, I separated from the ARMY in 2006 and Originally file for Compensation for L and R Retropatellar pain Syndrome and L ear hearing loss and was given a 0%. I moved on with my life as i assumed this was a done deal for me. Fast forward to the present a year ago i started reconnecting with ARMY buddies and told them my situation and they told me to refile, i just brushed it off as i thought i would be a lost cause. After getting out i work as contractor in Iraq and in AFG, on my last gig i started to have some difficulties and sought help from VA were i was diagnose with PTSD service connected as my flashback and nightmare stem from Haiti and Iraq. Hope this brief intro suffice.

Alex

Edited by SSG O

Thank you for the welcome pete992. Is it possible you could help me or point me the right direction to submit my questions?

I originally filled a claim with VA in 2006 for L and R knees and back and was denied. I never look back on that as i moved on with my life after serving 13 years. I became a contractor and worked overseas and never had any issues upon my last rotation as a contractor i started having some disturbing thoughts and sought help after my contract ended. In Aug 2012 i went to VA and was diagnose with PTSD and was put on 60MG Fluoxetine, 1MG Risperdone and 200MG of Trazodone. My wife who also served had me refile my claim and add PTSD to my original claim. Since returning back from my last contracting gig in AFG my symptoms are escalating and I've had my meds increase and started bi-weekly Psychiatric visits. I'm unable to function without my meds and maintain employment. I'm still in limbo waiting on VA to give me a rating. Is there anything i can do to expedite the process or does my condition even constitute a disability rating?

Sincerely,

SSG O