I Am In Recovery After 37 Years

terryneal

Question

MST was devastating to me. Raped and assaulted 3 times in the Navy within 6 months and then treated awful when I reported and asked for help. I finally finished my story and published it on Amazon. I was surprised that after years in the publishing industry no editor wanted to publish about men and MST...or maybe I shouldn't be surprised. We've always been ignored. So I self-published on Amazon. I call the book The Year of My Enlightenment, and yes, there is a bit of sarcasm intended in the title because of the horror of that year and the absurdity of the military.

Congrats on the book bud, and I too have experienced this horrible act when I was a child. God bless you and good luck to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats. Sorry to hear about your experience but nothing surprises me with the military. I hope putting your words on paper (so to speak) has therapeutic value for you.

Awesome that you wrote a book, what courage it takes to tell your story. Never give up on yourself! You DO matter.... And you are not alone. Keep pushing forward for yourself and all of us. I will check out your book!!!!

• Subscription Holder

Big, bad, macho military does not want to admit MST against males. I guess raping females is normal and just occupational hazard of military life for women according to Command. I don't mean that it is acceptable. The rapist should be spending life in prison. 20,000 MST cases a year in military!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines