VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet To Vet Blog Radio Live----On Dic. Wednesday 5/28/14 10:00 Am Edt

Rate this question

Berta

Question

We will be discussing DIC tomorrow, Wednesday, May 28th, at 10AM EST, here at our radio show.

Call ins are welcome 1-347- 237-4819

I hope to discuss the ramifications of the Phoenix scandal that has taken husbands, grandfathers, brothers, and fathers to their graves, due to ..in all probability, in most cases, ......death by VA.

It always pays to run by Section 1151 DIC regulations and FTCA laws from time to time as well.

Edited by jbasser

5 answers to this question

Working on the talking points now Jerrel.....

Yeah it will be good, but VA wont like it.

• HadIt.com Elder

We will be discussing DIC tomorrow, Wednesday, May 28th, at 10AM EST, here at our radio show.

Call ins are welcome 1-347- 237-4819

I hope to discuss the ramifications of the Phoenix scandal that has taken husbands, grandfathers, brothers, and fathers to their graves, due to ..in all probability, in most cases, ......death by VA.

It always pays to run by Section 1151 DIC regulations and FTCA laws from time to time as well.

Thanks Berta. I'll be sure to tune in tommorow. Too often the public forgets about those who truly cared for "those who born the battle".

C.B.

to clarify something on the show we did:

John is correct , on the show he said the C & Ps are geared only to the med recs that are involved in the claimed disabilities.

In that respect VA C & P doctors have to read ALL of them, meaning all of those that are involved in the basis for the C & P exam itself. I said it wrong on the show I think.

If the C & P involves SMR issues, in that case, the SMRs, however, must be completely studied.

John is right...by what I meant by all records, is what specifically regards the claimed disability.......

BUT, On the other hand say a veteran claims GERD due to service.

The C & P doc reads his GERD treatment records and SMRs and finds no service connection at all.connection.

But say the C & P doctor goes a little further back, to the veteran's post GERD DX med recs records.

The C & P doc notes that for years the veteran was prescribed NSAIDs and then the VA stopped them due to the NSAID medical information that came out some years ago.

The VA doc knows the GERD can be SCed due to the NSAIDs VA prescribed to the vet because he has taken the time to read more med recs then the C & P called for.

The doc also notes there is nothing in the SMRs to cause any nexus for a direct SC award.

In 2008 we discussed this here. The VA conceded in many claims since then that GERD can be secondary directly due to long term VA prescribed NSIAD use

Maybe the C & P doc will put this finding into the C & P results,and maybe the VA will SC the GERD on that basis.

And maybe the doc will just say the heck with it, the claim is for direct SC GERD and the vet's SMRs dont reveal any support for that.The claim will then be denied.

-----------------------------------------

Link to vet the VA cops killed mentioned on the show :

This is a more detailed link to the vet who the VA cops killed that we mentioned on the show:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/27/family-alleges-va-police-killed-vet/

It makes more sense. This happened in 2011. It takes about 2 years or more to get FTCA issues into a Federal court