VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is Your Number One Complaint About The Va?

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

If you had a chance to "air" your number one complaint about the VA what would it be?

1. Medical care?

2. Claim backlog wait time?

3. Total communication breakdown (no way to make your point)?

4. C&P lies?

5. Hamster wheel tactics and deny deny until they die? (my favorite)

CNN has opened the nations eyes over the medical scheduling crimes. Jeff Miller has said that "this is just the tip of the iceberg". CNN has a "Contact Us" link on their website.

This might be our big chance of get some national attention on some of the above items if this (Hadit) website could unite together and go forth in numbers.

However, sadly, this thread will die in less than three days. No messages will go forward to CNN. An opportunity to get some attention before the latest scandal blows over will be lost.

Slowlane

• HadIt.com Elder

Congress should be doing a survey of vets to see how they feel about the VA. Yes, we could do a survey of each issue and I would take the survey to my congresswoman and tell her that Hadit represents thousands of vets which it has over time. Our congressman for the district next door to mine did do a survey. Somehow he wound up with a 68% approval rating for the VA heath care system. I think the local VARO and VA hospitals sent there people to talk to the congressman, but they did find that 40% wanted referrals out of the VA for health care. Of the 68% who like the VA I wonder how many have no other options?

John

John,

You have a great point. However, even with a 68% approval rating, the survey should have been sampled scientifically. 32% dissatisfied is still a significant portion of the population that needs to bee addressed. I am curious to see how it was conducted, who was surveyed, how participants were selected, etc. If we at least did a Hadit survey, we know the population of members and can qualify results a lot more accurately. Categorizing broad areas of complaints is the first step. We would need to understand the second- and third-order specifics about each category. So my first question is: how many members does Hadit have? How many are active (post access the site at least once a week or month)?