VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Use David Anaise Md Jd

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Well I sent him and email on May 11th inquiring about help with a denied claim. I get a call from him on Memorial day, he leaves me a voice mail messaging stating he reaches out on Memorial day to help Veterans, he read my email and could help me with my Claim, that was denied, for PAD secondary to my SC DMII.

So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me

Thanks,

Hugh

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:54 AM, Magnesium2 said:

First nexus letter contained 1 issue: granted.

Second nexus letter contained 1 issue: granted

Third nexus letter contained 3 issues: two granted, one denied.

I’m not going to appeal the denied issue because I was granted IU.

Thank you, Dr. Anaise.

I used Dr. Anaise for a fourth (4th) IMO on an unexpected secondary condition.

I won again.

Thanks you, Dr. Anaise.

Edited by Magnesium2

My wife and I found Dr. David Anaise to help assist us with my appeal for Sleep Apnea. 

My wife wrote him a nice detailed email with my assistance. 

I want to know does the VA give more scrutiny (what does hairy eyeball actually mean) to claims that he provides nexus statements?

Is it a good idea to hire him, I only use the VA for care and I can't seem to get one VA doctor to write a nexus statement, no matter how I ask or plead.

They all say they could get into trouble if they do.

• HadIt.com Elder

He is one of the better ones, and since he is a doc AND a lawyer, he has a very good following. If he takes your case it means he feels that you can win your case. Also, OSA can get you a 50% rating if you need a CPAP and if your doc says it is necessary for you. He isn't cheap. As Asknod often says, they perform a service and they have their own expenses to pay for. "You pay for what you get". I think what you should do, what every veteran should do when they are considering paying out of pocket expenses for say a dbq or an imo is,  do a "cost analysis". Simply, what is your rating now, what is the new rating likely going to be based on your current evaluations , and divide the difference into the cost of the medical advise. Say your current rating is 10%, or $140.05. Say, based on your current conditions, you think your rating will jump to 50%, or $879.60. The difference is $738.55 a month increase. Lets say Dr. Anise says he will charge you $3000.00 for the imo. How long will it take you to get your money back? $3000 divided by $738.55, or just over 4 months to get your money back. In this example, it seems like a no brainer, even if you have to borrow the money. But Anise, like any doc isn't going to give you your money back if you lose the case. So there are no guarantees. If your rating is higher, say 80 or 90%, the outcome is different because of "VA math", and the risk/reward might not be worth it on paying for advise for adding a new disability. But the whole point is, do your (math) homework. Be better informed so you can make a better decision. Good luck.

I contacted Dr. David Anaise through his web site and received a response the following day. He has agreed to represent me in my appeal for Sleep Apnea denial as well as a 30% rating for my cervical spinal fusion following a bridging accident that collapsed on top of me. 

I am optimistic my rating will increase from a total of 90% to a full 100% when he is finished. 

I will re-post as the process continues. 

I'm more than happy to pay him $1500 I've read several of his IME's on his web page I just don't trust any VA doctors who work for the VA and and are also hired by the same agency they work to conduct exams on veterans its like having a fox watch the he house to make sure none of the hens get out. I've been thru the VA's exams with little success there is no way the VA doctor can be imparcial so, I'm not taking any chances this go around 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use