VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Use David Anaise Md Jd

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Well I sent him and email on May 11th inquiring about help with a denied claim. I get a call from him on Memorial day, he leaves me a voice mail messaging stating he reaches out on Memorial day to help Veterans, he read my email and could help me with my Claim, that was denied, for PAD secondary to my SC DMII.

So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me

Thanks,

Hugh

Here's an update.  I contracted Dr. Anaise's services for an IMO at the end of November, 2015.  This was all during the holiday season, so I expected a little extra time, and received the final product in the mail on January 7, 2016.

He and his office contacted me multiple times via telephone and e-mail until the whole process was done.  The only hardcopy work I had to do was to mail him a personal check.  (I think he also does wire transfers of some sort, but no credit/debit cards).

The cost was $2K for multiple and complex conditions, and the final IMO (I think it was actually titled Independent Medical Expert Opinion) was 90 pages.  They also send you a PDF file to make it easier to submit to the VA via eBenefits or fax to the Evidence Intake Center.

He goes straight to the point, and tells you right off the bat what he thinks will fly and what won't.

Also, you pretty much have the encouraged option of sending your C-File, etc. via e-mails to his office, which I loved.  It's a lot handier and cheaper to send off a bunch of PDF's in multiple e-mails than mailing off a "mondo-box" full of records in the mail or FedEx/UPS.

I submitted this IMO as new and material evidence on January 11th, so we'll see how it works out.

I don't have any other information regarding how effective his IMO will be, but I hope it will help carry the ball over the line with the IME/IMO's I already obtained from Dr. Ellis at the Ellis Clinic and my personal oncologist.

I'll keep y'all posted on the effectiveness of his IMO's when I get word back.  I will say that his office, as well as the Ellis Clinic, have been professional and courteous, and take pride in their work.

Have a great weekend!

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:39 AM, Magnesium2 said:

I ended up using Dr. Anaise for 2 more nexus letters. I'll update on the status when complete in the next few months.

First nexus letter contained 1 issue: granted.

Second nexus letter contained 1 issue: granted

Third nexus letter contained 3 issues: two granted, one denied.

I’m not going to appeal the denied issue because I was granted IU.

Thank you, Dr. Anaise.

I went in search of the most qualified IMO Doctor I could find. I spent two days combing forums and asking questions.   Then I found Dr. Anaise. He’s not only a degreed MD, but also a certified VA Disability Lawyer.  I was immediately impressed that he had dual professional expertise to offer.  Next, I researched his lawyer side in Citations and found he had won a good number of sleep apnea appeals.

I contacted Dr. Anaise to do my Sleep Apnea appeal, and he did not disappoint.  I got a 12-page report loaded with graphic exhibits, strong medical rationales, medical literature documenting and connecting my s/c secondaries – rhinitis and sinus – to Sleep Apnea.  Further, from the time I contacted him, I had the IMO in my hand inside three weeks.

Dr. Anaise delivered and totally won me over. I highly recommend contacting him for your Appeal IMO evidence.   

On 1/11/2016 at 1:57 PM, ERNYE1 said:

I used David Anaise in 2015 for a Nexus letter linking my service connected GERD to my sleep apnea. I received my nexus letter within a couple of weeks and my disability was approved by VA in roughly three months. I would definitely recommend this doctor for nexus letter/IMO. 

My situation was somewhat similar. I sought service connection for rhinitis, sinusitis and OSA. Dr. Anaise opined that rhinitis and sinusitis were service connected, and that OSA was secondary to both, as well as to GERD, for which I am already service connected. All three were denied by the claims examiner without the letter from Dr. Anaise, and all three were denied by the DRO with the letter from Dr. Anaise. With respect for OSA seconday to GERD, which should be the easiest since GERD is already service connected, the DRO's position was:

"[Dr. Anaise] cited studies which show that sleep apnea can be common in patients with GERD but he did not provide a rationale or discuss evidence to show how your sleep apnea is proximately due to your GERD nor did he discuss evidence to show your sleep apnea is aggravated beyond the natural progression by GERD."

Because I don't have the time to perfect this myself (the letter is dated 27 Feb.,) and because this is the last chance I have in the administrative process, I may hire a lawyer.

I did notice that the DRO used the same language the claims examiner used. The exact same language for just about everything, with the part about the IMO tacked on. It's not really a fresh, unbiased look at the case if the second person reads what the first person wrote. Is that normal?

I see that bguerrero won with Dr. Anaise's letter at the BVA, but I'm afraid I will not prevail, and without making the best case I can, with the help of a lawyer, I will have blown it. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

Edited by glarus

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use