VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Anyone Use David Anaise Md Jd

hmcquade

Question

Well I sent him and email on May 11th inquiring about help with a denied claim. I get a call from him on Memorial day, he leaves me a voice mail messaging stating he reaches out on Memorial day to help Veterans, he read my email and could help me with my Claim, that was denied, for PAD secondary to my SC DMII.

So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me

Thanks,

Hugh

I had a negative C&P report and I knew it was going to be a long fight if things were not brought back into my side of the court. The only thing that could help me was a well written nexus letter. Something that would make a rater think twice.

I used David Anaise for the nexus letter and my claim was granted.

• Like 4

Cbaker84, Magnesium2 and anyone else???

did you see doctor david anaise in person to get your IMOs or did you mail him your documents then he reviewed them then he talked with you over the phone??? dr. john ellis did my IMOs i want to say over 2 years ago and the va and my attorney/law firm and set to square up in a travel board hearing in the next few months i hope. i have service connected hearing loss and tinnitus and i have some secondary aggravated conditions would doctor anaise be a good doctor to have complete my IMOs for service connected hearing loss and tinnitus secondary aggravated conditions??? also what are doctor anaise fees....$1500 total for his IMOs and everything even if i have say 5 or 6 secondary conditions?

Edited by dauzzo (see edit history)

He quoted $1,500.00 to me for all conditions that he felt that he could give me an IMO on. That's total. He proposed that I scan/e-mail all documentation to him and he would conduct a review of records and provide an IMO from there. Truthfully not too bad for an IMO from a doctor, who is also an attorney. Now honestly, that was last year, so his prices may have risen, but he was very polite and professional and quizzed me quite a bit on my conditions, what medical evidence I had and what I believed I was basing my service connections upon.

I ended up using the Ellis Clinic in Oklahoma City to obtain a full blown Independent Medical Examination and Opinion report. However, in my case, I felt I needed that. In the event that I need even more evidence, I plan to use Dr. Anaise to obtain an IMO to provide second/third opinions on my own conditions.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas (see edit history)

I live in the Susquehanna Valley in South East PA. MD and DC are easy drives for me. However I'd like to know is there any Drs in my area closer? Another question, how long a wait to get in to see Dr. Bash? Thanks.

Semper Fi.

Andy

Not sure on the wait time for an appointment for examination. We only talked of a complete records review with a completed IMO based on the records and my interview. He sounded like he would have his reports within just a couple of weeks if I decided to use his office. You might call or e-mail him to see if he sees patients for examinations.

Mark

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 7:46 AM, Magnesium2 said:

I had a negative C&P report and I knew it was going to be a long fight if things were not brought back into my side of the court. The only thing that could help me was a well written nexus letter. Something that would make a rater think twice.

I used David Anaise for the nexus letter and my claim was granted.

I ended up using Dr. Anaise for 2 more nexus letters. I'll update on the status when complete in the next few months.

I used David Anaise in 2015 for a Nexus letter linking my service connected GERD to my sleep apnea. I received my nexus letter within a couple of weeks and my disability was approved by VA in roughly three months. I would definitely recommend this doctor for nexus letter/IMO. 

• Like 3

Here's an update.  I contracted Dr. Anaise's services for an IMO at the end of November, 2015.  This was all during the holiday season, so I expected a little extra time, and received the final product in the mail on January 7, 2016.

He and his office contacted me multiple times via telephone and e-mail until the whole process was done.  The only hardcopy work I had to do was to mail him a personal check.  (I think he also does wire transfers of some sort, but no credit/debit cards).

The cost was $2K for multiple and complex conditions, and the final IMO (I think it was actually titled Independent Medical Expert Opinion) was 90 pages.  They also send you a PDF file to make it easier to submit to the VA via eBenefits or fax to the Evidence Intake Center.

He goes straight to the point, and tells you right off the bat what he thinks will fly and what won't.

Also, you pretty much have the encouraged option of sending your C-File, etc. via e-mails to his office, which I loved.  It's a lot handier and cheaper to send off a bunch of PDF's in multiple e-mails than mailing off a "mondo-box" full of records in the mail or FedEx/UPS.

I submitted this IMO as new and material evidence on January 11th, so we'll see how it works out.

I don't have any other information regarding how effective his IMO will be, but I hope it will help carry the ball over the line with the IME/IMO's I already obtained from Dr. Ellis at the Ellis Clinic and my personal oncologist.

I'll keep y'all posted on the effectiveness of his IMO's when I get word back.  I will say that his office, as well as the Ellis Clinic, have been professional and courteous, and take pride in their work.

Have a great weekend!

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas (see edit history)
  • Like 3
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:39 AM, Magnesium2 said:

I ended up using Dr. Anaise for 2 more nexus letters. I'll update on the status when complete in the next few months.

First nexus letter contained 1 issue: granted.

Second nexus letter contained 1 issue: granted

Third nexus letter contained 3 issues: two granted, one denied.

I’m not going to appeal the denied issue because I was granted IU.

Thank you, Dr. Anaise.

• Like 1

I went in search of the most qualified IMO Doctor I could find. I spent two days combing forums and asking questions.   Then I found Dr. Anaise. He’s not only a degreed MD, but also a certified VA Disability Lawyer.  I was immediately impressed that he had dual professional expertise to offer.  Next, I researched his lawyer side in Citations and found he had won a good number of sleep apnea appeals.

I contacted Dr. Anaise to do my Sleep Apnea appeal, and he did not disappoint.  I got a 12-page report loaded with graphic exhibits, strong medical rationales, medical literature documenting and connecting my s/c secondaries – rhinitis and sinus – to Sleep Apnea.  Further, from the time I contacted him, I had the IMO in my hand inside three weeks.

Dr. Anaise delivered and totally won me over. I highly recommend contacting him for your Appeal IMO evidence.   

• Like 1
On 1/11/2016 at 1:57 PM, ERNYE1 said:

I used David Anaise in 2015 for a Nexus letter linking my service connected GERD to my sleep apnea. I received my nexus letter within a couple of weeks and my disability was approved by VA in roughly three months. I would definitely recommend this doctor for nexus letter/IMO. 

My situation was somewhat similar. I sought service connection for rhinitis, sinusitis and OSA. Dr. Anaise opined that rhinitis and sinusitis were service connected, and that OSA was secondary to both, as well as to GERD, for which I am already service connected. All three were denied by the claims examiner without the letter from Dr. Anaise, and all three were denied by the DRO with the letter from Dr. Anaise. With respect for OSA seconday to GERD, which should be the easiest since GERD is already service connected, the DRO's position was:

"[Dr. Anaise] cited studies which show that sleep apnea can be common in patients with GERD but he did not provide a rationale or discuss evidence to show how your sleep apnea is proximately due to your GERD nor did he discuss evidence to show your sleep apnea is aggravated beyond the natural progression by GERD."

Because I don't have the time to perfect this myself (the letter is dated 27 Feb.,) and because this is the last chance I have in the administrative process, I may hire a lawyer.

I did notice that the DRO used the same language the claims examiner used. The exact same language for just about everything, with the part about the IMO tacked on. It's not really a fresh, unbiased look at the case if the second person reads what the first person wrote. Is that normal?

I see that bguerrero won with Dr. Anaise's letter at the BVA, but I'm afraid I will not prevail, and without making the best case I can, with the help of a lawyer, I will have blown it. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

Edited by glarus (see edit history)

MarkInTexas.....your strategy is exactly my strategy when I apply for TDIU.......IME/IMO with Dr. Ellis backed by a Anaise IMO/Lawyer.    Got the IME in play and two MD's in your corner.  I'd say that would be a very good hand in a game of poker with VA.

Edited by Wayne TX (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Wayne, good thinking.  Yes, I tried to go at it from every angle, and it has paid off so far.  I still have a few things on appeal, and thus far I’ve handled it at the VARO level.

However, I still have a few things left on appeal with the BVA, so we’ll see what’s over that hill in a few months/years.  It’s been a long battle.

Good luck, and never give up!

Mark

I hope to get all my decisions done at VARO level, but I already got two denied and now Form 9 perfected and next up Hearing Judge at some point.   I should know something one way or another by May on the rest of appeals still cooking at VARO going on nearly 2 years now.   Been a process ever since 2009 with more time yet to come no doubt.

• Like 1

Yes, I have used David Anaise, MD , JD in Tucson , Arizona. I won my TDIU case at the BVA and I hope I will win the Remand for the frostbite back date to 12/1979. I really believe that I would not have won my case if it hadn't been for David Anaise. Great job stating laws and cases won by other Veterans and well worth the money. I owe him many thanks for a great job.

<<<<<So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me>>>>>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So let me see if I have this straight. You contacted him about doing some business. <<<So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File.>>>>

In order to view your claims file, by law, he has to have your POA. How would you write a nexus letter for a Vet without reviewing all the medical records he has? We have to be able to make sure your claim is legitimate or run the risk of losing our accreditation. 

<<<<<He wants 20% of my back pay if we win.>>>>>>  That's standard procedure. He also gets 0% of your money if he loses. You can charge up to 33% if you go to the CAVC. The 20% is pretty much all he makes for his work. He's a doctor and he can legally be your attorney as well as your nexus doctor. Do you have any idea what it costs in college funds and time invested to obtain an MD as well as Juris Doctorate? $1500 for a nexus is $500 less than most  doctors I deal with. A lot of us obtain a nexus opinions for our clients and I pay for it out of my own pocket sometimes. The Vet pays it back when he prevails. 

<<<<<<<If I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.>>>>>  So the idea is to go find another guy who will do it for $1500? All the outfits I use to obtain nexus letters charge $2,000. Why would you have to fire him?  If everyone could just give an atty. the boot before they won, there would not be much of an incentive for doing this. Would anyone think it fair to help a Vet to the finish line just to get kicked in the teeth and screwed out of your pre-agreed upon amount?

<<<<<<I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me. >>>>>>

I have to turn down 80% of the folks who approach me. I don't even have enough time to be with family. For every attorney/agent out here in America, there are probably 20 Vets chasing us on any given day asking for representation. Dr. Anaise would have to pay a shrink to do a PTSD nexus because he isn't a psychiatrist/psychologist. Call up an attorney and ask them how much they charge to win an automobile accident. Yep. 40%. Some take 45%. 

As for reaching out and helping: By law, we are not allowed to "cold-call" Vets looking for new clients. You have to contact us. Even then, we are required to ask your permission to do anything. We can't just agree with the VA examiner to a 0% for tinnitus the way the VSOs do. 

While I'm not the biggest fan of these kinds of doctor/lawyers, they do help Vets win. If you keep losing, it's because you're not doing it right. Trying to find a cheap nexus is not something I'd do. VA is well-aware of Dr. Anaise as well as Dr. Bash. Your claim also gets the hairy eyeball when their names pop up at the RO.

And, as a last bit of advice. I don't want to come across as being mean or uncaring. I wouldn't  camp out next to the phone. I doubt Dr. Anaise will be returning your calls or emails. There were 19 other guys in line behind you that Memorial Day.

11 hours ago, asknod said:

<<<<<So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me>>>>>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So let me see if I have this straight. You contacted him about doing some business....

...And, as a last bit of advice. I don't want to come across as being mean or uncaring. I wouldn't  camp out next to the phone. I doubt Dr. Anaise will be returning your calls or emails. There were 19 other guys in line behind you that Memorial Day.

Alex,

1) This original post is over 4 years old.

2) The OP stated on the first page of this thread that:

"...he and I were not on the same page. We emailed each other yesterday. He though I wanted him to represent me legally and all I wanted was a nexus letter..."

3) I'm sure he won't be camping out by the phone, he won his claims over 3 years ago.

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines