VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Use David Anaise Md Jd

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Well I sent him and email on May 11th inquiring about help with a denied claim. I get a call from him on Memorial day, he leaves me a voice mail messaging stating he reaches out on Memorial day to help Veterans, he read my email and could help me with my Claim, that was denied, for PAD secondary to my SC DMII.

So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me

Thanks,

Hugh

Congrats on the PCP support, Hugh. Neither my VA PCM nor my private PCP is willing to help in my case. I may use two or more of these Nexus Writing docs if they are inclined to approach my secondary condition with an open mind (I know they won't simply parrot our own lay theories as medical expert opinions :-) ). I wasn't surprised by the $1,500 for a nexus.... but when I saw his LEGAL fees and thought they were for a nexus letter, I admit I had the same reaction you did.

I see four names regularly, Bash, Sniger, Anaise and Butler. Are these the only guys who publicize their work for vets or am I looking in the wrong place? I found two of their Websites through Jim Strickland.

I'd like an IME with DBQs for diabetese and complications, but closest is a doctor in Oaklahoma. Anyone aware of a doc in California who does IMEs -- particularly endocrinology or diabetes?

Congrats on the PCP support, Hugh. Neither my VA PCM nor my private PCP is willing to help in my case. I may use two or more of these Nexus Writing docs if they are inclined to approach my secondary condition with an open mind (I know they won't simply parrot our own lay theories as medical expert opinions :-) ). I wasn't surprised by the $1,500 for a nexus.... but when I saw his LEGAL fees and thought they were for a nexus letter, I admit I had the same reaction you did.

I see four names regularly, Bash, Sniger, Anaise and Butler. Are these the only guys who publicize their work for vets or am I looking in the wrong place? I found two of their Websites through Jim Strickland.

I'd like an IME with DBQs for diabetese and complications, but closest is a doctor in Oaklahoma. Anyone aware of a doc in California who does IMEs -- particularly endocrinology or diabetes?

Keep looking, Call Dr Anaise, I think he is out of AZ. Dr Sniger gave me a great IMO.

Hugh

I am thinking of going with Dr Anaise. I have a local law firm that is also willing to handle my appeal for the usual 20%, and they can appear b4 the CAVC as well. Going next week to interview with local law firm- they are large firm with doctors on staff as well, so this may be beneficial.

I am thinking of going with Dr Anaise. I have a local law firm that is also willing to handle my appeal for the usual 20%, and they can appear b4 the CAVC as well. Going next week to interview with local law firm- they are large firm with doctors on staff as well, so this may be beneficial.

Dr Anaise is also a Lawyer.

Hugh

Dr Bash did 2 IMos for me to knock down a VA Endocrinologist.

My husband was never diagnosed with or treated for DMII by the VA.

The only thing in his med recs was a crossed out entry that I decifered.The VA Endo said I misunderstood the entry. I didnt misunderstand it at all and found the VA doctor ,who left VA and was in private practice who made the entry for my 3 rd IMO.

My daughter, a vet herself, insisted I re -open my claim when DMII became presumptive.

I kept putting it off, but I remembered that the Coroner asked me 3 times if my husband had DMII. I said no.VA had never diagnosed him with diabetes.

After I went through the med recs many times, went over some documents I got under FOIA regarding my FTCA claim, and then started to study endocrinology, I knew my daughter was right.

She made the point that since VA had admitted to malpracticing on his IHD,HBP, and strokes, and that these "multiple deviations" :hastened" the veteran's death.....

as stated in my 1151 award, and since they were caused by VA , it was " as likely as not" they messed him up even more by failing to diagnose and treat DMII.

I found everything I needed in his med recs to support my DMII death claim.

Dental records, and even his employment physical, blood chem reports (after I figured them out) and the only thing not in his med recs was his driver's license, oddly enough along with VA eye records, that really became probative evidence as well.

I had to word the claim carefully because I could not file 1151 again for the same death.

My RO refused to read my IMOs, 2 from Dr. Bash and one from a freeby neuro I mentioned above,..

BVA did. They awarded AO DMII as contributing to death.

Dr. Bash also diagnosed him in the IMos with PAD, a well known secondary DMII condition.

I can claim the PAD under 1151, but just haven't done that yet.No time limits on 1151 claims.

I am more concerned about the 1151 claim I filed 2 years ago that is gone at my RO.

and the DIC claim they say they are "working on" , which I already have awards on. ????

A good IMO doc like Dr Bash, will read EVERYTHING thoroughly and sometimes he finds additional disabilities that should be service conneccted.

The VA DMII Training letter helped me as well...it should be posted here somewhere.

The original one I used listed many complications DMII can cause and I discovered my husband 's med recs revealed plenty of evidence of them.

DMII doesnt kill anyone, but it's complications and other diabetes-caused disabilities sure can.

Edited by Berta

Hi Berta,

Thanks for the detailed info above. I had the privilege of spending nearly two hours with Dr. Bash going over my records -- He is very thorough and energetic -- my wife sat in on the meeting and it took both of us to keep up with him as he paged through the documents, asked questions and made suggestions.

For those considering an IME/IMO from one of these docs, if Dr. Bash is any example, they're in good hands. Some of the areas of inquiry he wants to explore after giving a first look at my records lead me to believe he is all about helping the vet both understand the process and get all of the benefits he or she has earned.

Which brings me to this: EVEN IF YOU HAVE A GREAT VSO.... it may be worth the huge expense to get someone like Dr. Bash (or if you need a lawyer as well, Dr. Anaise) to go through your records. VSOs don't have time to do much more than explain how claims are filed and hopefully work out a strategy for winning your claim. I say that not as a critic of VSOs so much as having a healthy respect for what they do and HOW MANY vets they do it for.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use