VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Use David Anaise Md Jd

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Well I sent him and email on May 11th inquiring about help with a denied claim. I get a call from him on Memorial day, he leaves me a voice mail messaging stating he reaches out on Memorial day to help Veterans, he read my email and could help me with my Claim, that was denied, for PAD secondary to my SC DMII.

So the Dr. sends me forms and contacts to sign, he wants to get my C-File, he wants 20% of my back pay if we win, and if I fire him during the course of his investigation he is entitled to $350.00 an hour for the work he did.

Wow all I wanted was a Nexus letter, it is written on his website he charges $1500.00 for a Nexus letter. I don't mind a person making living but WOW!!

I do not think this is reaching out and helping. So I called him and left him a voice mail message, sent him several emails about all this money he wants, so far he has not gotten back to me

Thanks,

Hugh

I wonder......is that cost of $1,500 per nexus letter "per" condition reviewed? Or is to review and provide nexus letters for all conditions requested per veteran?

Mark

I would be very interested in knowing if Dr. Anaise's reports are helpful. He has been calling my firm a lot lately. We are usually very careful about what experts we use - so the VA doesn't "burn" them. Please share more feedback on Dr. Anaise on or off list. You can always reach me through a "Mail Call" submission on my site.

As for the cost, our overage fee is usually in the $150-$1500 range, although the cost varies widely depending on a few factors:

1) level of expertise required (a forensic pathologist for an accrued benefits claim can easily reach the 5 figure range, whereas most audiology reports/exams are going to be around $150).

2) How much time needs to be spend educating the doctor on how to write an opinion for a VA claim - this is MUCH different than the other types of reports that are written for other types of cases because our "Burden of Proof" is so low.

If you get an independent medical expert, don't forget these "Magic Words"

Chris

In my case, the IME/IMO and DBQs with Dr. Bash mounted up in the money department because he not only is doing the letters, but an exam and DBQs, as many letters as needed regarding my student loan and an SSDI letter.

The old saying, you get what you pay for may apply here, but there doesn't seem to be any objective way of figuring that out. These people do not publish their "wins and losses" scorecard -- only a handful of wins on their Websites, and there is no objective third party to evaluate their services.

I went with the recommendations of vets who used Dr. Bash's services -- and the fact that he seems to have support from Hadit without necessarily having an advertizing relationship.

Depending on how my claims pan out, I may need a "second" second opinion, and the next guy on my radar is Dr. Anaise.

I recently just got my IMO back from David Anaise. After reviewing everything regarding claims and processing, I'm almost certain that it will be a benefit to me. Ultimately, for the issue I contacted him about, he opined that it was "more likely than not" connected in the manner I suggested and also that it "is due to" my other primary conditions.

One issue that he picked up on is that he knew that the VA denied my two primary conditions, so he also stated that they were present while in service (which they obviously were).

I have attached the IMO so that other people may see what they should be getting. There were quite a few attachments to this and they have not been included. I also have a 2nd IMO that will be coming from dr. Bash.

David Anaise, IMO IME Nexus Letter redacted.pdf

Edited by CBaker84

CBaker84:

Good luck...I've been looking for a Doc to possibly do an IME/IMO for me if I need it and I was impressed by the letter that you posted from Dr A...which was very nice for you to do. So, what were the total costs for you to use Dr. Anaise? Does he expect more $ beyond the letters that he provided for you and your case? I've recently submitted my first claim (90 days ago) and don't have any idea of how it is going to turn out? I have very good in-service evidence and lots of it but I'm starting to thnk that it's just the "luck of the draw" in terms of whom you gets to process your claim? I'm hoping that everything works fine when I get my claim back but I've seen a lot of vets with substantial evidence that end up fighting for years on their claims and appeals so I want to know what the options are...anyway thanks again for your post as it is very helpful...

CBaker84:

Good luck...I've been looking for a Doc to possibly do an IME/IMO for me if I need it and I was impressed by the letter that you posted from Dr A...which was very nice for you to do. So, what were the total costs for you to use Dr. Anaise? Does he expect more $ beyond the letters that he provided for you and your case? I've recently submitted my first claim (90 days ago) and don't have any idea of how it is going to turn out? I have very good in-service evidence and lots of it but I'm starting to thnk that it's just the "luck of the draw" in terms of whom you gets to process your claim? I'm hoping that everything works fine when I get my claim back but I've seen a lot of vets with substantial evidence that end up fighting for years on their claims and appeals so I want to know what the options are...anyway thanks again for your post as it is very helpful...

Total costs for the IMO was quoted and paid at $1500.00; nothing else was asked for at all and it seems like they do this often on the side. This cost for IMO was also true for Dr. Bash. I had a few other quotes in the realm of $3k-5k dollars. Honestly, this it what I would expect from a medical expert. When I was working with attorneys, expert witnesses were almost $1500 a day, and about 2k-5k dollars to write a report for the case.

My reasoning in getting the IMO was that after having the VA look at the wrong records (cited as 13 years before my birth), denying all my claims except one, and not performing any of the required tests - I felt that my best option was to have an IMO. For a total cost of $3,000, I may or may not have been able provide all the required evidence to prove my claims; I think my claim is also simple (OSA). For others, where their claim is more difficult, more disabling, or far more intricate, I think an IMO could be a blessing. I was also very fortunate that this wasn't going to put me in a bind financially (Used GI bill $ from school to fund it).

My biggest suggestion: Put as much evidence as you can into it. Submit lay statements, submit medical journal's in support of your claim, try to find a Dr. to submit a nexus letter, go to the VA and get treatment etc. Do whatever, legally, to tip the scale in your favor.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use