1151 For Ptsd

mbl22885

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Section 1151 claims are for negligernce and malpractice.

They are explained in the FTCA forum here.

If you feel your anxiety/depression or your PTSD is directly due to your service, that is how to file the claim.

The new 2010 criteria for PTSD claims is here in the PTSD forum.

VA will not award for more than one MH condition.

There is a lot of info here as to the "Nexus factor" claimants need for these issues.

The best thing I feel you should do is file for whatever MH issue you have (PTSD or Anxiety/depression,) that can be proven as due to an inservice event.

Please read the new PTSD criteria here.

• HadIt.com Elder

I see no one replied to your past C & P post.

It looked like the end of the C & P opinion is not in that post.

It is difficult to even guess at a rating or whether they will award for PTSD.

The VA Schedule of Rating Disability criteria is here in a separate forum.
http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=c130ec487ea61b8a40ad0836188b94bc&rgn=div5&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5&idno=38

MH ratings are about half way down the pages.

You stated this is a 1151 claim for PTSD.

It is possible to succeed on that type of claim.

Also many years ago a VA MH provider caused a veteran to get PTSD from sexual abuse.It made national news.

My husbands original 1151 claim was for malpractice on his PTSD. He threw in other disabilities he feared the VA had also malpracticed on.
When he died I re-opened his claim.
I succeeded in 1151 and FTCA for his other disabilities. He was right.

VA ignored the PTSD part of his 1151 claim and I didnt pursue that part ,because a few weeks before his death ,the VA began to give him the extensive PTSD therapy he had needed for years.

I am sorry but I cant do private conversations.....many reasons why.......

Everything I know on 1151 and on PTSD is here at hadit, anyhow ..

If you have a Section 1151 pending for PTSD, you will need a very strong independent medical opinion ( the criteria for that is in our IMO forum) and you will need documented proof of the malpractice/negligence and the IMO must give a full medical rationale for the nexus from your VA treatment to the PTSD under the requirements of 1151.

The IMO doctor is the one to have that private conversation with..

You get get contact info for Dr. Valette, who does MH IMOs, by listening to our June 11, 2014 radio show with Dr. Bash and John Dorley and host Jbasser, and Mike Sasser.

Just click on the blogtalkradio icon for the show on June 11th to the right of the main forum page.

The show will come through your media player

Edited by Berta