VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Missed C/p Exam

Rate this question

NFLFan1980

Question

ok I put in a claim last august. Then I get a letter 3 weeks ago stating I needed to submit additional information and complete a release of records form. My ebenefits account was updated to gathering evidence. It was pretty dumb on my part to think that I wouldn't have any c/p exam scheduled until I sent the additional information. So I get this letter dated 5/20 stating i had a c/p exam for friday, 5/23. When I got the letter, which I had recieved many of them recently to remind me of my normal appointements, i put it aside thinking it was just for my normal appointments. Needless to say, I missed my first c/p exam that friday but made it to my second c/p exam which was last friday, 5/30. Now, i've got mental health related claim in and im' not up to par up there as they say, so i'm having trouble managing my life. Messed up mind, equals messed up everything else, so how can they be surprised when i miss a c/p exam, with 2 days notice no less? Are they going to throw out my claim?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Not necessarily. Call the 800 number and ask for a new exam. Just tell them you didn't get the letter. I've missed a few C&Ps. They usually give you a second chance. You have to make that one though. Assuming you get the letter. Thats how they have been with me. Do it Monday, assuming they are answering the phone. You can call after hours and leave a message too. They always got back to me. Good luck!

Thanks DAV_Marine72. I will call the number on the letter tomorrow and tell them I didn't get the letter in the mail. I got really bummed out today thinking I screwed myself cause you hear all these horror stories about missing exams and getting denied because of it.

• HadIt.com Elder

... So I get this letter dated 5/20 stating i had a c/p exam for friday, 5/23.

...Are they going to throw out my claim?

I agree with dav_marine 72.

However, from what you have posted, the VA failed to notify you of your C&P exam in a " timely manner" .

JMHO. Call the phone number of the C&P clinic listed on the C&P notice lettter tommorow. Tell them of your delima, and of their "failure to notify you in a timely manner", and then politely ask the clerk for another appointment date.

I would not like to see, "failure to report to a C&P exam" show up in your denial notice.

Sorry for all the hoops disabled vets have to jump through just to get what they have earned. Let's hope things will change soon.

Good luck,

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

Thanks guys. I will call the number tomorrow and try and get it rescheduled. I was just really bummed out when I saw that I missed the exam. I need to start going on ebenefits everyday just to not let this mishap creep up on me again. I kind of wish they could have scheduled both these exams in one day as it is a 1 hour drive to the va hospital but in any case, i'm just glad my claim has finally seen some light.