VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions About Southeast Asia Presumptive Conditions

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

Regarding these presumptive conditions, what exactly is the criteria for service connection? Do you need a nexus letter? Does it have to be diagnosed while on active duty? I'm asking because I do have one of the listed conditions, but I've never sought treatment for. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Regarding these presumptive conditions, what exactly is the criteria for service connection? Do you need a nexus letter? Does it have to be diagnosed while on active duty? I'm asking because I do have one of the listed conditions, but I've never sought treatment for. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Wow, I really don't understand. This veteran is talking about Presumtives for the Gulf War and Not Agent Orange.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/gulfwar/medically-unexplained-illness.asp

Thanks Pete! I was a little confused myself. I read the link but am still stuck on my origional question. -These "presumptive" illnesses must have appeared during active duty in the Southwest Asia theater of military operations - So when they say "appeared" do they mean treated/ diagnosed during active duty?

I wonder why VA pulled this out of thier ass. . "

VA presumes certain chronic, unexplained symptoms existing for 6 months or more are related to Gulf War service without regard to cause. These "presumptive" illnesses must have appeared during active duty in the Southwest Asia theater of military operations or by December 31, 2016, and be at least 10 percent disabling. These illnesses include:

why are they trying to close the door on december 31 2016? what do they know that we dont? I wonder if the studies that they were caught trying to manipulate have anything to do with it. The only logical and reasonable explaination is that VA know that there are going to be long term health effects suffered by gulf war vets., and they DONT WANT TO TAKE CARE OF US/.

They take blood test from me like crazy. I know they are tracking something. They see the writing on the wall for gulf war vets and are trying to close the door. Why set a date " ilness has no respect for time or dates/. its all an attempt to deny us.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Thanks Pete! I was a little confused myself. I read the link but am still stuck on my origional question. -These "presumptive" illnesses must have appeared during active duty in the Southwest Asia theater of military operations - So when they say "appeared" do they mean treated/ diagnosed during active duty?

read the rest of the rule., they must have appeared on active duty OR by december 31 2016