VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You Must Use The Cfr & M2-1 Against The Va

Rate this question

BoonDoc

Question

I am so thankful for this site, I will show the webmaster how much when that big back payment comes in!

I was reading what the VA wrote in their decision to leave me at my present rating, and then went to the 38 CFR section on the VA rating schedule guide:

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx...38cfrv1_06.html

I also find this page a great jumping off point:

http://www.hadit.com/38cfr4schedule.htm

and I found it staring right at me that the rating officer had not used the second paragraph of the guidline when they had written that I had used corticosteriods every day for the past 12 months, that's proof that I should be rated higher. It allways bothered me that if I use the meds and look a little better I get knocked back down to 10%, I didn't think that was supposed to happen?

Anyway, I have the right ammo to respond, and pray that they do the right thing.

It is important to have these laws and regs at your finger tips, so you can go to battle with getting what you deserve.

BoonDoc

Edited by BoonDoc

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The VA does that allot knowing most Veteans do not posess enough knowledge about the regs in order to rebut their decisions. They prey upon us Vets and think if they give us a little piece of cheeze we will go away.

Im glad you found the correct regulation, They may not listen so be prepared to go to the next level and get out of the RO to the BVA.

[

Heck Boondoc, I used steroids for 2 1/2 years and the va awarded 30% for copd, and this after I was already rated 60% for asthma. Nothing surprises me.. Do the NOD and request a DRO.

Edited by rickb54