Common VA Disabilities

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

lcurle

Waiting Game...need A Hobby

Question

I figured I would lay out my situation for everyone to help me figure out the rhetoric that is the VA.

In Nov 2004 I had a C&P in Syracuse NY as part of my ETSing. I was rated at 30% for PTSD and 10% for tinnitus. I was denied all my other claims since the army "fixed" me prior to me getting out.

Right Ankle History

In 2002 I fell 30' from a training obstacle and missed the mats below and had a phase 3 ankle sprain, crutches for 2 weeks and PT after that. Later that year I was on a wash rack being the good little TC I was and managed to sprain my ankle again. Once again crutches for 2 weeks and no PT. In 2003 I was deployed to The Stan where it was humping up and down mountains. During one Op I had managed to misstep and take a spill down the mountain, only 50-60' or so. Was seen by the medic, got some anti inflammatory meds (Naproxin, lame!) and went about my job. My Medical Records show the the incident from Basic and Korea but do not show anything from deployment. Since they had me doing no PT for the final 3 months on my career and asked the million dollar question they said that I was fixed.

Middle Back

Currently have and open claim on this due to a lot of pain recently. Had xrays by a chiropractor as well as the VA. Chiro showed major compression fracture on my T1-T5 as well as my S1 and S2 out of alignment. I went to the VA and their radiology took many xrays and had determined that my scans were "Abnormal" I was denied my back due to being denied it in 2004. I submitted a 21-4138 or some support of claim paperwork citing the scans from the VA. Unsure on the outcome of this one at this time, any help would be appreciated.

PTSD

Currently rated at 50% for this, just finished a C&P for an increase, took about 2 hours to complete, examiner was mono tone and complete lack of emotion on anything. I managed to find a few IED's on deployment and told her that I don't like to drive cause people are pricks and that I "daydream" a lot about situations. When she kept pushing for more information , I don't like to tell people this, I told her that I often fantasize about current situation and how to kill people in order to escape the room. Unsure if anyone else does this, maybe I'm weird. She wanted an example so I told her that if for some reason I was not able to leave the room I would take the little medical table, or the fridge, or her computer monitor and beat her with it so I can escape. Maybe I need to be locked up I don't know. Most recently I have been visualizing this with friends and family member that do not live with me. Unsure why I have this feeling of dread and hostility towards everyone and this is the part that I hate the most. I have gotten a few dogs to help with my inability to sleep since they would bark if something was wrong in the house. I have lost a few jobs due to anger issues with customers and fellow employees. People suck and are fairly stupid. Most of my good friends know to not push me and try to not get me worked up on things as I have a tendency to go off the deep end fairly quickly.

Tinnitus

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, that about sums it up.

I am trying to get my PTSD rated higher Started Sept 2013 still "Gathering Evidence" I had added IU and my back on to the claim, but recently removed my back claim to help expedite the process. I don't know, wish I found this place sooner. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

74 answers to this question

After venting my frustration on here I decided to take it out in the gym. here is how it went down:

called my VAMC in Wichita, KS ... ring ring ring, asked for records, transferred, asked the lady if they had the results of my C&P exam in, gave pertinent information to verify, she put me on hold and transferred me. Another lady picked up and asked for name SS# standard stuff. She said that my exam was on May 14th and the file was signed off and closed on May 15th and it could take up a year to get the results from my RO. I asked to be transferred she said she couldn't, I said that I am entitled to my medical records upon request and denying that is against the law. I got transferred, waited on hold for about 20 minutes, talked to "Peggy" who stated that my C&P is under review and it could take up to 6 months for the results. I told her all I want is a copy of those results, she said no. I told her about the legality of that answer, she came back with, "I wouldn't be surprised if your case takes longer now." and hung up on me.

Wow! I wish I could say that I'm surprised by that phone call. But i learned a long time ago to ask for any name, extension number or id/badge number during the nice part of a call, before it gets nasty like that.

Sorry you had to deal with that and I hope you claim doesn't get snowballed.

Moved to: "Preparing for Decision" after I contacted IRIS to find out the status of my C&P exam.

Claim has been closed, now I await the results since I have not had any correspondence with the VA since my C&P except for the IRIS inquiry which got my claim moving. Hoping for the best, but preparing for a "no change" letter from the VA. Then Ill kick the examiners door in and bounce her head off the desk.

Edited by lcurle

DENIED for increase on PTSD and DENIED for TDIU. Motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, they stated that my condition is getting better and more reflects that of a 30% PTSD patient. So pissed at this shit. Need to know how to handle this without going to jail.

Edited by lcurle