VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctors Report

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

John went to the DR. office last Fri. for a preop physical, we got his ekg and his notes yesterday, on them he put that John's depression is due to my disabilities.. Which is totaly wrong John has never been diagnoissed with depression but put on Zoloft many years before we even started going to this Dr. My disabilities didn't start until 2001 and John was on Zoloft way before then. I intend to call him on it today. he will not be in today but I intend to ask him for his reason on putting that down. and telling him we want it removed out of his file ( I don't know if we can do that and if they will remove it )

Question is will this hurt John ? As I stated before in another post I asked him if he would rewirte his letter and and the words least likely or not and he said NO! It would hampper his crediablity. John has worked on his stressor letter and that in it self was very hard for him. Now for our Dr. to make a complete 90 degree turn around just infereates me. What can a person do ( but to find a different DR.)

As I told John he was real good with me getting SSD but it seems like he has been very reluctant to help John. John got SSD because of the pain clinic and Spine DR. Our primary has not helped at all and It is for sure that he does not want to help with the VA like we thought he was going to. In the meantime I am checking on finding a different DR. ( HMO) one that know's something about VA.

He know's nothing on AO or VA compensation and I feel he is know trying to fudge.

We will be going to the VA Rep on Tues next week I'm going to show her his notes, she would not even except his letter because it was as he stated everything is from wear and tear and age.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You stated that your shrink was willing to write something up for your husband and you wanted to know if he could do that since he was your doctor. If he is a psychiatrist, would be willing to look at your husbands medical records , test him, talk to him and then render an opinion, then I do not see why the VA could deny the report and not use it. Just because he is your psychiatrist doesn't mean that he cannot treat your husband as well. Most psychiatrist don't like to do this, due to a conflict of interest, but there are some that do. There may be others, though, who know more on this subject than I do.

Also, I agree with your husband going to the Vet Center for counseling, either one on one, group or both. I know that the local Vet Center that we have has great people who work there and treat the veteran and their spouse/family with the upmost respect. They are also willing to help the veteran in any way that they can. But, even though they can write up a letter in support of your claim, I think you will still need a psychiatrist to diagnose your condition and give their opinion.

mssoup1