VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Government: Gulf War Illness Doesn't Exist

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

There is also no such thing as DARPA, although DARPA, has a mission.

Dr. Lynn Goldman, of Johns Hopkins University, who headed the Institute of Medicine committee that prepared the report. Looks like Dr. Goldman is heading for a DARPA coin.

DARPA coin log:

http://web-ext2.darpa.mil/body/darpa_coin/coin_index.htm

I for one am not surprized. I began going to VA in '92. The Doc's checked me out and sent me to mental health saying they could find no cause to my problems.

The psychiatrist that interviewed me said I had no mental health issues. I told him either he was wrong or the Doc's that sent me to him were. There was no question I had problems and I really didn't care if it was physical or mental, I just wanted fixed. He informed me of GWS.

For fourteen years I was told by medicall Docs I was depressed. Many exams by psychologists found no mental illness. At no time did the medical Docs or the mental Docs agree nor talk to each other. The psychs sent me back to the Doc's and the Doc's perscibed anti-depressants that did nothing.

Now the Doc's are right. Years of poor health with no answers has made me very depressed. Now I'm diagnosed with dementia and other problems due to head trauma. Problem is brain damage due to trauma does not progress. Yet, I get progressively worse by the year. But, I'm lucky to have the diagnoses even if it's not accurate. I at least get SC benifits. No health help though, as long as there is no recognition of the Illness as a illness. I wish I could stand up and not except what I don't beleive so my case will be included in studies also to help all vet's as my rating will not include me in studies. It's tough to starve untill the Gov admits the thing though.

Anyway time to get me off my soapbox.

Time

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a slap in the face to all Veterans. Just because you can't explain something does not mean it is not so. Its sort of the Government saying that cause you can't prove it scientifically it does not exist or as the Cigaret companies used to say that smoking did not cause cancer cause it has not been proved it does. Oops guess what and same goes for global warming. Guess where the Republicans have stood on all these issues.

When you send US to War you have to be prepared to pay for it.

307,000 100% Service Connected Veterans does not seem right to me either.