VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fighting With An Appeal ! Does The Va And Their Doctors Think All Veterans Are Lying.,,!

Rate this question

DocNyger

Question

My family and other veterans have been asking what kind of PTSD do I have. I don't know.. Was my reply. On the documents from the treating office, it only states Prolonged Ptsd. Other notes showed severe symptoms( I found out later). Well I asked the doctor the next visit and he was like " why are you asking". I told him because I wanted to know. Well today I got a copy of my 2 and 1/2 year treatment record to find out that my doctor( who transferred to another state last month), put that he's curious that I may have secondary gains... WTF... This is the same VA contracted doctor that would not fill out a DBQ because his boss said not to.... Just use my notes, but the VA is saying they need a BDQ. I thought his boss was the VA...All of this because I asked about my status? My attorney stated" I asked to to ask him your status also... The good thing is that the Diagnosis is concrete and valid ... my attorney thinks it won't hurt much..... What do you think? Thank you in advance ...

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. If the VA has diagnosed that you have PTSD than all you need to show it is linked to your service and how severe.

Good Luck

If you are not able to work you should file for Social Security and ask VA for 100%

Did your attorney advise you of the new PTSD regs here in out PTSD forum?

I assume you have an attorney because they denied you for PTSD and you filed a NOD.....?

If so can you tell us why they denied you?

Hi, Thank you for your reply so far... My initial post stated my situation ...pretty much I was dx with PTSD from a contracted VA doctor and the info was overlooked.. They sent me to another QTC Doctor who Dx me with Substance Abuse"..... The nexus is there and the denial letter stated because there's no diagnosis....