VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Give Fox News A Copy?

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I got a reply from the RO after I wrote to the WH asking they look into my 100%/IU claim. They said the determination for denying me IU and/or 100% rating is during my exam the doctor stated, "veteran stayed on task, focused, and plays a video game that requires considerable amount of time, concentration, and intelligence." I've been in contact with my lawyer and they advised me not to give Fox News a copy, but I feel like since the latest VA scandals people need to know its also the ROs.

Hell yes, you should give Fox News the story! VA will never follow the laws unless someone makes them. Right now, that someone is the media and the American public. With pressure from them, then Congress will put the pressure on VA to finally start doing the right thing.

11, Did you mention to the Doc during the Exam that you play Video Games. I don't see where the wrong in the Exam is. Can you please explain?

11, Did you mention to the Doc during the Exam that you play Video Games. I don't see where the wrong in the Exam is. Can you please explain?

He asked me what I do in my free time. I said I play PC games. He then asked what kind. I told him Civilization 5 and other games like it. Both the doctor that writes me my meds and my therapist say I should be iu or 100% right now. My therapist even called the exam doctor a jackass. According to the notes in her computer he wrote that I am able to hold gainful employment because I play Civilization 5...

I really don't see how playing a PC equates to me being able to work. He just assumed I play for hours on end I guess? I guess I could have told him how I 'space out' even when playing these turn based games, but i'm sure him and the RO would find a to spin that into a positive thing. IDK how I feel right now. I was over and done with worrying about my claim. Then the news broke the VA crap, I got the letter from the RO in response to my Obama letter... I literally had to show the letter to my father in law to prove to him thats what it said.

I wont be surprized if when the smoke clears, and the angels sing, they are going to find direct links with the RO s and the VAMC doctors. in the denial of claims.

I know for a fact that the CP examiners and people at the RO s communicate, because my last CP exam, I was told that she works with the RO. They communicate by phone regularly. It isnt just a matter of the CP doc filing out a report, and sending it over to the RO and thats the last of it. My second CP examiner actaully told me she reads several blogs, as well that deal with veterans issues. So dont think that everyone isnt watching everyone. The CP examiner tried to call the RO while I was sitting there, (she couldnt get thru). Its all going to break, just watch. disgruntled employees at ROS are going to start dropping a dime.

I so hope you are right about "it going to break" because I know that my C&P examiners were coached by the RO.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not give Fox News anything about my claim while it is in the process. I had a C&P exam for mental health issue where the doctor had a clear agenda. Being a young and dumb vet I did not recognize it for what it was at the time. He was asking me leading questions to justify a personality disorder DX. He asked me if I ever argued with my parent? Did I ever skip school? Did I ever get into a fight at school? ETC., ETC. I thought these questions were harmless and I said yes I argued with my parents as a teenager, and yes I did skip school a few times on Friday afternoons. I did get into a few fights when other kids picked on me. You know how teenage boys like to establish pecking order. I smacked a kid who hit me with a wet towel in gym class. Out of these seemingly harmless answers I got a personality disorder diagnosis as anti-social. I had never been arrested or anything like that and I did not drink more than a few beers, or even smoke dope at the time. This quack was clearly on a mission given him by VA in the 1980's to cut the rolls of disabled vets on compensation. They failed, but that exam comes up even today. The VA will zero in on that exam, and ignore all the others that said I had medical mental illness.

The rest of my C&P exams for the mental health issue were about 10 minutes long and consisted of : Do you have a plan to kill yourself? Do you have a job, and do your hear voices, or see things that are not there? I said "NO" to all three and my increase request from 10% was denied. The facts that I suffered from anxiety and depression enough to have me on meds and therapy for decades meant nothing to these geeks. The way you fight this is by getting good IMO's/IME's from doctors who will be your advocate.