VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Man Times?

Rate this question

JT24usn

Question

How many times can you ask for a dro review? I was denied by dro and issued SOC, but then had a cp for another issue and was denied but was given the smoking gun by cp examiner to grant my increase on appeal. Rather than send my claim to BVA I was wondering if I could ask for another dro review?

The issue was 20 percent for small intestine resection. They wouldn't give me the 40 percent because if no malabsorption or issues if deficiencies. Cp examiner stated vitamin d deficiency was due to sc intestine. Now it sits at RO waiting for certification. Part of me wants to withdraw appeal and just get it granted but that's three years pissed away.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

once you get the SOC, if you rebutt and submit new evidence, they are supposed to automatically reconsider., So maybe send in the new evidence, and tell them to review the case and the new evidence as required by law, and give you a descision.

Sorry to hear of your troubles bud. I know how you feel. I have Crohn's Disease and going to have 9 feet of my Insides removed, yet my Crohn's is only rated at 30%.

once you get the SOC, if you rebutt and submit new evidence, they are supposed to automatically reconsider., So maybe send in the new evidence, and tell them to review the case and the new evidence as required by law, and give you a descision.

This sounds like your best bet.

Have you had any success with a DRO hearing in the past? There seems to be two separate sets of opinions on this. If the RO was going to approve it, they'd do it without you having to show up to talk to the DRO. But if the process works as advertised, you might get the problem cleared up. Having read what others have experienced, I plan to bypass the DRO and go VFR direct to the BVA.

Last dro was a grant with new evidence. This time I submitted evidence too late but know it is what they need because it was a cp from va doc. I'm just trying to find a way without dropping my nod RO have it looked at again before going to sit at BVA.

Never had a dro hearing. Was told those are pointless. They listen to you but it is a one way conversation. Jmho.