VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Emploees Union Contract 2011

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

I couldn't find the newer one. This will make a preson sick so if you don't have a stroger stomach don't go further.

http://afgenvac.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Master_Agreement.pdf

Section 14 - Special Consideration
A. Employees who were downgraded without personal cause (i.e., where the
downgrade was not due to misconduct, inefficiency, or at the employee’s
own request), may be eligible for special consideration. Re-promotion
may be made to a grade previously held on a non-temporary basis or to an
intervening grade. This applies only when the employee was downgraded
in the Department and the re-promotion is to a grade formerly held in
the Department.
B. Employees under this provision will receive a special consideration for each
grade for which they were demoted or downgraded.

6 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

These senators are trying to comply with the unions and not the veterans.

not political:

http://www.govexec.com/oversight/2014/06/senate-has-deal-fix-va-whats-next/86023/

a bipartisan pair of senators has struck a deal to ease the firing of Veterans Affairs Department senior executives, provide significant funding for the hiring of new medical personnel and advance other agency reforms, but the proposal has yet to win universal praise.

Sens. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., reached the agreement after unveiling separate measures within the past week. The compromise legislation will include key provisions of both senators’ proposals:

McCain’s Republican-backed plan to give veterans 40 miles away from a VA facility access to private care on the government’s dime, and Sanders’ Democratic-backed initiative to create 26 new VA medical facilities and provide $500 million for hiring additional personnel

The House voted in October to cut bonuses for all VA employees by 14 percent for five years, in February to ban bonuses completely for agency senior executives for five years and in May to prohibit SES bonuses in 2015. The Senate Appropriations Committee also approved a measure last month to ban bonuses in 2015 for Veterans Health Administration medical directors, assistant medical directors and SES workers.

Edited by Stretch

Great info, Stretch! :smile:

We need to drop the mileage requirement from McCain's proposal.

"Section 3 - Removal of Disciplinary Actions - Admonishments and reprimands may be removed from an employee’s files after a six month period. If an employee requests removal of such actions after six months, they should be removed if the purpose of the discipline has been served. In all cases, an admonishment should be removed from an employee’s file after two years and a reprimand will be removed after three years..."

'My record is spotless' :biggrin:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

• In Memoriam

It i as though the VSO's fight the VA union. It is the Union that is ruining everthing even congress. Union first Vets last is their cry. Jeez.

• HadIt.com Elder
... plan to give veterans 40 miles away from a VA facility access to private care

Pathetic... 20 or 25 miles distance away from many VAMCs , would show real commitment in helping disabled vets. Disabled vets living outside of metropolitan areas would still have 40 miles of heavy traffic to go through just to spend 20 min. looking for a place to park. Then 40 miles of rush hour traffic back home, after spending hours at one of those training hospitals.
This clause in the bill gives us insight into the mentality of those in Congress, who claim they want to rebuild the VA system.
I want to see more from these changes they are trying to beguile us with.
JMHO,
C.B.
Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Why do we have to use the VA hospital system anyway? I live 20 miles from my VA. The VA schedules me for an appointment at 7 am and this includes testing before the appointment. Of course no way can I make it. I have to try and reschedule this dumb appointment. I am going in to do bloodwork and urine test at the worst possible time of day. The joint is crawling with vets waiting to do these tests. I would never dream of making an appointment this early, and no private doctor would either. Maybe if I was prepping for surgery I would be in that early, but it sure would not be at the VA. I am lucky I have a choice. I have the best doctors in town within 10 minutes of my house. Why do I need to hump out to the VA except I get my meds there. For everything else they are useless to me.

I think congress is trying to save the old VA system with a little tinkering. This is a hopeless task. If VA does not decentralized and give us choice about using the hospital system then I am out, but I won't give up trying to change it along with other vets. My VA hospital is a charity hospital as it is because no one with good insurance would use it for anything serious unless they just like to gamble with their life.

John

yes I wonder if the 40 mile rule will include the 10 miles driving around the VA parking lot looking for a place to land . yes they have valet parking but a couple weeks ago, a vets car was stolen at a local va in central texas by a guy posing as a valet.