VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p States Employed Full Time -- Incorrect

Rate this question

Snake Eyes

Question

At my mental health C&P, the examiner asked about what I do and I explained I work part time as an independent contractor teaching online classes and I gave her info on the typical annual earnings. She asked how many hours I work and I said between 15 and 20 for the contract, but more unpaid (coming up with ideas for new classes in hopes of getting a bigger contract). When she asked how much I work total, I drew a blank and just said, "I don't know... maybe 40 or 50 hours".

When I got home, I did the math and it is nowhere near that much, and certainly not done in one sitting like a 9 to 5 job. I included hours of thinking, reading trade books, articles and jotting down goals.

Anyway... on my C&P exam it says I am employed full time at 40 to 50 hours weekly.

Can this be corrected without raising concerns that I gave her bad info intentionally?

Self-employed earning below poverty is not the same as employed full time. The kind of "work" I do and the sporadic nature of when I'm able to sit at a desk make the work about as non-traditional as I've every heard of :-) I'm scheduled for less than half the classes next year compared to this past year.

Looks like you have made an innocent admission of truth that the VA can amplify (lie) and use against you. The VA probably had an orgasm when they read your report as this is their entire sex life.

Problem is, when you mail in a letter trying to correct the misunderstanding, it will just make the situation worse and make you look more like a liar. Then comes their second orgasm when they reopen your entire file.

Keeping your 90% might be a bit of a challenge if they re-open your entire file. Have you thought about quitting your full/part time job?

• HadIt.com Elder

Get IME/IMO to explain your situation. You must think very clearly when you answer doctors at C&P exam. They use your own words to hang you even if you are innocent.

A powerful churchman in France during Louie 14th reign said "Give me one sentence from a honest man and I can find enough to hang him". This is the VA in spades. I have been such a victim with my own words twisted to hang me and my doctor's sentence fragment used against me.

As stated above you made in innocent mistake, and I don't think you can fix it. You have to remember that the Examiner recorded your words exact, not their opinion. Therefor you will just make the VA think that you are lying about everything else, if you try to question. Just hold out and see what happens. Good luck and keep us posted.

Looks like you have made an innocent admission of truth that the VA can amplify (lie) and use against you. The VA probably had an orgasm when they read your report as this is their entire sex life.

Problem is, when you mail in a letter trying to correct the misunderstanding, it will just make the situation worse and make you look more like a liar. Then comes their second orgasm when they reopen your entire file.

Keeping your 90% might be a bit of a challenge if they re-open your entire file. Have you thought about quitting your full/part time job?

Hi Slowlane... Thanks for the input.

I was talking about this with my VSO today.... I pointed out the obvious -- that in nothing else, saying stupid stuff under pressure kind of confirms the C&P doc's diagnosis :-)

I haven't thought about quitting -- Although my workload will be cut in half in the fall (two classes a week instead of four).

I'm not at the point where I feel "right" about quitting work just to get TDIU. My slowing down (and eventual retirement) is more about my ability to do a quality job consistently.

As stated above you made in innocent mistake, and I don't think you can fix it. You have to remember that the Examiner recorded your words exact, not their opinion. Therefor you will just make the VA think that you are lying about everything else, if you try to question. Just hold out and see what happens. Good luck and keep us posted.

The good news is they awarded the 70% for GAD even with the wierd comments. I agree, going back and trying to correct it at this point might be harmful -- just seeking confirmation (or comfort) from fellow veterans.

Get IME/IMO to explain your situation. You must think very clearly when you answer doctors at C&P exam. They use your own words to hang you even if you are innocent.

A powerful churchman in France during Louie 14th reign said "Give me one sentence from a honest man and I can find enough to hang him". This is the VA in spades. I have been such a victim with my own words twisted to hang me and my doctor's sentence fragment used against me.

Thanks for the Loui 14th era quote. True in poly ticks and the VA too. My VSO suggested having the VA shrink address this issue in treatment reports -- if indeed my circular thinking is the reason for the mistake. I'm wondering if in the back of my mind, I just didn't want to admit to someone I only worked a few hours a week for an online school. Nothing to be ashamed of, but certainly less than what I was raised to be :-)