Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. Many folks use Ad Blockers and I understand why, I would ask that if you want to support HadIt.com and help keep it online add HadIt.com website as an exception ×

Why Is This So Hard?>>>!

billyballs

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Billy,

Ebenefits is not always accurate. I never had much luck with the status being very timely, but some other folks have. They do split up new claims and appeals under different sections, so double-check to see if it is under the appeals section. If you still do not see the claim, call the folks at the 1-800-827-1000 hotline (also known humorously as Peggy). They might be able to show you where it is and/or give you an updated status about your retro payment.

If the AMC decision was an award, they probably will send it back to Chicago so your records would be updated and payment disbursed.

If you already have direct deposit setup with VA and you won a claim resulting in an increase in your combined rating, you might see a treasury deposit appear a day or so before you get a letter in the mail. This does not always happen, but has happened to me and been reported by others. I specifically underlined the info about an increase in your combined rating because as the combined rating gets closer to 100%, it is more difficult to get the percentage increased. Sometimes folks win a claim or appeal, but the percentage is not enough to bump the combined to the next higher level.

I wish you good luck and hope you receive good news very soon.

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad to help.

Do you know if the AMC approved your appeal? In your initial post you indicated a decision was made, but did not specify if it was a win or loss. I am assuming you won because you mention getting retro, but did not want to base my responses without knowing for certain. Yes, 5 years would mean a lot of retro if your combined rating increases. If you do get a significant amount and have some sort of heart condition, don't over do it.

Also, do you have a current SC rating % with the VA? I did not see one listed in your user profile. It is not a requirement, but can be helpful when other members respond to your questions. This ties back to my earlier response about combined rating and retro.

Keep in mind that there are different departments at the RO's. I went through the Montgomery RO and thought it was the slowest in the country. I bet I had 10 separate claims over the past 20 years. One thing that surprised me was when I won the last two claims. Someone at the RO actually took the time to pick up the phone and call me. They wanted to go over the results told me how much retro I would get, and when to expect it. I asked him if all RO's call every veteran but he said it depends on the policies of the RO and how much time they have available. I am not sure if the AMC or Chicago will call you, but if they do it would be pretty cool.

Definitely call the 1-800 number tomorrow and check on the status of your appeal. Most of the time calling them is not always the most helpful option, but because a decision was made they might be able to help answer some of your questions.

Yes I am at 20% . 10 for TBI and 10 for back. I was active duty 03-06 and reservist 07-14. I was meb / peb for back and PTSD.

So I am on PDRL (permanent disability retirement list) since 23May14 at 60%

Have not received any retirement pay yet nor have I applied for CRSc. All my injury's are combat related.

VSO told v me on 4June a decision was made at 50% for PTSd with effective date of April09. Said she reviewed it and sent it back.

As of yesterday no letter has been sent to me. I called the hotline. No retro setup yet. No change in ebennys.

So I am hoping to at least get a letter soon. I have the direct number to my rater which is a coach. Not going to bother her though. Gonna wait couple more days before I call her.

As I get closer I get more anxious!! It's nerve wrecking!

• HadIt.com Elder

Many of us know how you feel with the waiting. I just did my best to keep busy and way I could to keep my mind off of it.

• Like 1