VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Benefits Management System (Vbms)

Rate this question

vern2

Question

Does anyone know how this works.

Perhaps Veldrina could enlighten me- see my prior posts and IRIS response where they mentioned VBMS.

Vern

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My claim was paper at 1st, then got really sick with heart problems and housebound/bedridden for 2 months, could not drive, but could use my pc. Scanned lot of supporting data and decided to upload in ebennies, but noticed that never got credit as status to VA requests for info did not show a response, so started sending cert letters, but no response. My claim is FUBAR, because of this fact. Will prevail once RO has all the facts. Been down this path B4.

That depends if your claim is paperless already or not. A lot already are but if you had a claim going when the initiative started then it may still not be electronic. Most claims when this started that were scanned first had no claim going or appeal going. Then the claims as the were decided were sent next to be scanned. So it all depends if your claim was scanned already. This is jmho.

is there a way for us to tell if our claim is paperless yet"?

Edited by 63SIERRA

One way that might work is to call 1 800 number. If the are hesitant ask them the location of your file. Not where your claim is but the location of your file. Also you could ask your VSO the same thing. Our program that shows location of a file for where I work at would say either invbms. Or Plcp (paperless claim) or files (if not). This is just an example. There may be others. Some say clean ( meaning file is going to location to nr scanned). Each RO may be different. I know the place that has mine is different than where I work.

I am wondering how this effects NOD's?

Huntington RO (The brokered decision maker and notifier) signed and returned receipt for my NOD on 5/19/14, nothing is showing on ebenefits.

Was advised I should also give the NOD to my local RO, Los Angeles. I turned the same NOD and same evidence in to the public contact team in person on 6/2/14. No NOD showing on ebenefits yet.

Maybe too early? I am worried they lost both of them though...