VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What We Never Received From You

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Ok, so I submitted my (new) evidence with my (re-open) a long time ago. Anyway, today I see this. I hope this is in reference to the letter they always send asking for additional information if you have any, and not that they did not get the information sent with the claim, etc.

I hate this ambiguous crap..

Hamsllice

What We Have Never Received from You (solicited)

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

Items Date Requested Date Closed New & material evidence needed - denied SC previously (facial skin condition) 05/02/2014 06/06/2014 5103 Notice Response 05/02/2014 06/06/2014

I'd find out what they have and what they don't have. Do you have a rep that can look at the system?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That is good advice.

I got stuck in that situation and contacted my RO and requested a copy of my C-file. A few months later, a couple of giant cardboard boxes appeared on my doorstep. It was everything, including some records for someone else. If you don't want to wait a long time or don't want to obtain a copy, you could instead ask to perform an in-person review of the C-file. They make you an appointment and you show up and get to look through the contents. They won't let you add, remove, or take anything from the file. I did this once to help prove the VA received something that they said they never received. Knowing exactly what they have or don't have in their system can help you determine how to approach your claim. It's not a quick fix, but can be helpful.

I got the same thing recently on ebenifits and investigated. Turned out I had a c&p back in march that they never told me about.

Im pissed hamslice. Hope they didnt screw you too

We'll I hope I did not miss an appointment, but I don't see anything on eBenefits or myHealthyvet and I did not receive anything in the mail.

I did send an email to my CVSO and she seems to be confused. I sent her a copy of the eBenefits page, however, she was unable to open it. Find it hard to believe her computer is not newer than my 2001 vintage Dell.

Anyway, she wanted to know what I had submitted and when, so I told her that SHE submitted my claim (through the VFW) just like all of my other claims and it was in NOV of 2013. And I did reformat the page that she could not open and sent it to her again.

Haven't heard back from her yet.

And now I am probably going to break the cardinal rule and submit another claim while this one is in limbo. I never do that because it jacks everything up, but, its more important the get the new claim start date established than wait this current claim out. Its just that this one is taking way too long for this one to make it way through the system.

Hamslice

Well my CVSO told me she got into the VA system and seen that my records she submitted are there. So, I think this was just the "do you have any additional info" letter that they send.

In the past I usually responded to that letter with a synopsis of what I had sent previously and a statement that they had all I had. This time, I didn't send it back.

Still in the gathering evidence phase, so we got a while yet....

Hamslice

Actually, it's likely a flaw in how eBenefits is designed and how the RO operates. There was a rater who used to be active on this site for a while and he explained that there is an online checklist of stuff they asked for. Raters can use it but most choose not to...it's one extra step and they can see what they have and what they don't have anyway or keep it hard copy, etc. Because they don't typically use it, when a claim closes, you get this "we never received" list. The list doesn't amount to anything if you submitted what they asked for. The best ways to check are either through your VSO, which you did, via an IRIS request, or just going in and looking yourself at the C-file.