VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What We Never Received From You

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Ok, so I submitted my (new) evidence with my (re-open) a long time ago. Anyway, today I see this. I hope this is in reference to the letter they always send asking for additional information if you have any, and not that they did not get the information sent with the claim, etc.

I hate this ambiguous crap..

Hamsllice

What We Have Never Received from You (solicited)

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

Items Date Requested Date Closed New & material evidence needed - denied SC previously (facial skin condition) 05/02/2014 06/06/2014 5103 Notice Response 05/02/2014 06/06/2014

• HadIt.com Elder

I got the same message for a VCAA notice. The VA blamed it all on me. They said I never returned the part that tells them I have no more evidence. That was a lie. I wrote my congresswoman and she did get the ball rolling. I had a C&P scheduled within a month after waiting 11 months on what was supposed to be FDC. Now I have done my C&P and will get a decision soon I think. I waited a year for that exam when all the records were right there at the VA which is why I filed FDC. When Ebenefits repeated saying they were waiting on VCAA I wrote and called them half a dozen times to tell them I had no more evidence. It was not until I wrote the congresswoman that I got a result. I have to write her and tell her thanks.

Hamslice--

There is another way to protect your claim start date. You can go on eBenefits and start a new claim. It will save your effective date for up to one year. You have up to one year to gather your evidence. However it's not until you click the "submit" button, That your claim actually gets sent to VA for processing. It's another option available if you don't want to have two claims in the system at the same time. Of course you will have to click submit before the 12 months is up to keep that effective date. Hopefully your first claim would be completed by then.

Navy Wife is describing an "informal claim" and she's right on point there. However, I prefer using certified mail, only because there's been more than one time that I've had to send a copy of the green card to the RO to prove I sent something they insisted they never received, plus I would not trust any claims submittal to the Ebenefits process, since I don't trust the website for accuracy.

I've used the informal claims process for a sleep apnea claim that was eventually successful, and am somewhat surprised that some people either aren't aware of it or are afraid to use it for some reason.

Edited by lotzaspotz

Hamslice--

There is another way to protect your claim start date. You can go on eBenefits and start a new claim. It will save your effective date for up to one year. You have up to one year to gather your evidence. However it's not until you click the "submit" button, That your claim actually gets sent to VA for processing. It's another option available if you don't want to have two claims in the system at the same time. Of course you will have to click submit before the 12 months is up to keep that effective date. Hopefully your first claim would be completed by then.

Can this be used for a NOD to get a date started while getting all the evidence together?