VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange Letter Received Today

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

I received a strange letter today from the RO. It said they had received my applicationf or benefits. Funny thingis I have not filed a claim in over a year.

I called the 800 number and the person told me the VA did it for me?

Is this just a ploy to keep on stalling or do you think the VA actually did file a claim on my behalf, Perhaps and informal claim?

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Oh No!!!

It could be that another vets claim is filed in your C-File folder. That happened to me. When I got my second C-File copy there were a lot of documents in my file that belonged to another vet and I mailed them to the vets address that was on the documents and never heard a thing.

• HadIt.com Elder
I received a strange letter today from the RO. It said they had received my applicationf or benefits. Funny thingis I have not filed a claim in over a year.

I called the 800 number and the person told me the VA did it for me?

Is this just a ploy to keep on stalling or do you think the VA actually did file a claim on my behalf, Perhaps and informal claim?

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

jstacy,

Do you live close enough to visit your R.O? If you do, I would certainly want to see in person the new claim, as I have had the counselors on the telephone tell me anything to shut me up and to get me off the phone.

I am not sure that they would file another claim for you.

I wouldn't trust them. I have been around the block and back.

Just a thought,

Josephine

Rocky, I remember that, It was last year wasnt it?

Josephine, I live about 100 miles fromt he Regional Office. I have viewed my claims folder 3 times this year.

I think I just figured it out, last week an IRIS response said they were going to ask the VAMC for another opinion on My cervical Radiculpathy. ALso a CUE claim I filed last year for the wrong decision based on information not considered int he service record and the Erroneous decision made in 1998. The decision stated the SMR Was negative for Complaints, treatment or diagnosis of H/A or Hypertension. However, The C@P examiner went right to the page it was listed on. This soap opera continues. I feel like I need to buy a box of tide or something. Should not be much longer. 3 years is enough.

Edited by jstacy

• HadIt.com Elder
I think I just figured it out, last week an IRIS response said they were going to ask the VAMC for another opinion on My cervical Radiculpathy. ALso a CUE claim I filed last year for the wrong decision based on information not considered int he service record and the Erroneous decision made in 1998. The decision stated the SMR Was negative for Complaints, treatment or diagnosis of H/A or Hypertension. However, The C@P examiner went right to the page it was listed on. This soap opera continues. I feel like I need to buy a box of tide or something. Should not be much longer. 3 years is enough.
Edited by Josephine