VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Affairs Claims And Bendfists

Rate this question

bigjim

Question

just got a call from dva to come and have a blood sugar test

what is this anyway never head of this befor. whats it

going to show or proves

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

They can determine if you are a diabetic-

dont worry -even if it show consistent abnormal reading, they can treat this in time-maybe with just diet changes- dont worry but let us know what they say---

If the VA diagnoses you with diabetes (not pre-diabetes-there is no such thing) due to glucose values in abnormal range-by Blood work, HBIAC test or OGGT

and if you are an incountry Vietnam Veteran, file a claim and say you have diabetes due to Agent Orange.

If you have foot problems, sight problems, ED, heart disease, atherosclerosis, and history of ischemia (TIAs or strokes, skin disorders, oral candidiasis, HBP etc etc -all in their training letter I posted here at hadit---

put any of these conditions that you have in your claim and state they are secondary to your AO DMII.

just got a call from dva to come and have a blood sugar test

what is this anyway never head of this befor. whats it

going to show or proves

as far as i know i dont have a sugar problem, whe i had open heart

they (the hospital) were constantly checkly blood sugar count. i will

have on at va any way . thanks for the info//

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have diabetes you have to treat it. If a diabetic does not take control of his or her blood sugar it will absolutely brerak you down over time. Take it from diabetic for over 10 years who did not take the steps he should have.

Folks, I have seen the light and I am now on a path to lose weight, get control of diabetes, and take better care of my self. As one of the 307,000 Vets who get 100% from the VA I want to do it for a long time.

Before 1 PM Tuesday I was a heart attack waiting to happen. I used to think my high heart rate was my panic disorder now I know it was my heart trying to pump blood through a 10% opening.

So take your test you need to know for sure. If its an A1C it will telly you what your average is for 90 days a very good test. If it higher than 5.9 you better set some medical help.

Good Luck