VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Report Retailiation By Varo Due To Veteran Whistleblowing?

Rate this question

TiredVeteran

Question

Hi,

My husband has been retailiated against by the Nashville VARO since he reported the illegal activity and malpractice at the VA hospital. His claim is 11 years old. The BVA found it to be malpractice. He has a R rating.

The VARO is refusing to pay his retro, he only had a few months backpay.

My source says the Nashville VARO has a policy in place to do this to patient who are victims of medical malpractice. He is likely not going to live long enough to go through another BVA appeal.

Employees of the hospitals are protected. Who protects the veterans? We proved our case. Shameful delays, addicted doctor, even the Augusta Spinal Cord hospital tried to cover all this up.

Any ideas appreciated!

Debbie

Edited by TiredVeteran

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Is it the varo ( va regional office) or vamc ( va medical center) you are talking about? You mention ba pay (varo) but then go in about the hospital. Did you have a 1151 going through the varo or tort claim through vamc?

Thank all of you for the help. VARO is the one holding his back pay hostage for the 1151. In his fragile condition he is unable to travel to Nashville and has never been given the opportunity to participate in his hearings, even though he could have used a local video system.

The two VA hospitals Mountain Home VAMC and Augusta VAMC are responsible for the lies and mistreatment, and then covering up what they did.

Do you think sending in the story to the news would help?

These monsters maimed my husband. If he had the back pay, it would not fix his spinal cord, but would at least help pay for all the additional help we need. We have a caregiver in two afternoons a week. We pay a small fortune to hire people to help us. We REFUSED their offer of his going into the VA nursing home. VARO owes him over 8 years back pay.

Reporting malpractice should be protected speech??

As a Successful 1151er ( and FTCA) myself, I know how VA will retaliate against us,once we prove they have malpracticed.

I recently contacted the IG on something regarding Phoenix and asked them who I , as a non VA employee, can contact about VA retaliation against me on my other claims matters..

We do not fall under the Whistleblower Protection Act.

I havent heard back yet because the other part of my Hotline complaint involved some serious issues, that involve many more than just me.

I replied to your other post here:

Was that his BVA decision I found?

I recently contacted the FBI and had an email response this AM.

I might be seeking info here for anyone who received a FTCA settlement or 1151 award for any type of VA negligence.

Was this also a Tort claim award?

Berta,

I was told by a high ranking official to call the IG hotline or write a complaint. I just am at a loss as how to word the complaint.

Veterans who report malpractice and other illegal activities should be protected. VA hospitals should be held criminally responsible for illegal activites and doing this the in my eyes are tantamount to reckless endangerment causing serious injury or death in some cases.

I think you have my email address. There is more that I am not sure I should put out on this board until the dust settles but it sure sounds as though you and I are sadly on the same page................and on the same list.

Debbie