Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

The New Vbm

Berta
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

Question

DHL courier just brought it!!!!!! Yippee!

I pay $104.00 with advocates discount -

Regular price is $ 130.00 and as I mentioned before-tell them you are vet volunteer advocate and maybe you can get discount

unless I get for others reasons---been buying it since 1991 and have NVLSP cert-

try for the discount. Berta

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

14 answers to this question

Regular price is $ 130.00 and as I mentioned before-tell them you are vet volunteer advocate and maybe you can get discount

unless I get for others reasons---been buying it since 1991 and have NVLSP cert-

Berta,

I was just telling my wife about wanting to buy the VBM. I just found it today.

Is it as good as they say it is?

if youv'e been buying it for so long, it must be.

Boondoc

It is a law manual so takes a little while to understand the format-

NVLSP -these guys are great pro bono lawyers who sure do not get rich from the sale of the VBM-I have known Ron Abrams for many years by phone and by email and a few others-

We have the Nehmer decision (they represented the widow) and many many other regs such as Haas and Blue Water because of NVLSP.

The National Veterans Legal Service Program.

They represent vets in unique situations and also have gotten millions out of the VA when VA tried to snooker Agent Orange vets due to their retro.

Many of these NVLSP lawyers aren't even vets and the VBM is dedicated to all advocates who work tirelessly for veterans.

They stand on our watch.

The VBM is invaluable for any advocate, anyone with a complex claim and many SMC issues, and anyone with a CUE claim or is at the BVA-

They have an update on the VCAA scam I have been griping about-scam is my word not theirs- haven't read that part yet-

It can be the best investment along with a IMO that a veteran can make in getting their proper award.

I donated the older VBM to my POAs and maybe will donate a new one-too-depends on how much they ki-- my a-- over their latest fiasco.

Anyone here giving claims advise-to vets ---tell them you are at hadit-and/or helping vets off line- they know of us here of course and maybe you can get discount.

It is a law manual so takes a little while to understand the format-

NVLSP -these guys are great pro bono lawyers who sure do not get rich from the sale of the VBM-I have known Ron Abrams for many years by phone and by email and a few others-

We have the Nehmer decision (they represented the widow) and many many other regs such as Haas and Blue Water because of NVLSP.

The National Veterans Legal Service Program.

They represent vets in unique situations and also have gotten millions out of the VA when VA tried to snooker Agent Orange vets due to their retro.

Many of these NVLSP lawyers aren't even vets and the VBM is dedicated to all advocates who work tirelessly for veterans.

They stand on our watch.

The VBM is invaluable for any advocate, anyone with a complex claim and many SMC issues, and anyone with a CUE claim or is at the BVA-

They have an update on the VCAA scam I have been griping about-scam is my word not theirs- haven't read that part yet-

It can be the best investment along with a IMO that a veteran can make in getting their proper award.

I donated the older VBM to my POAs and maybe will donate a new one-too-depends on how much they ki-- my a-- over their latest fiasco.

Anyone here giving claims advise-to vets ---tell them you are at hadit-and/or helping vets off line- they know of us here of course and maybe you can get discount.

Berta,

I was wondering about IMO's. Is the fee based on how complex the claim work is, or a set fee, how is it determined?

Steve

• Community Admin/Founder

couldn't agree more with berta, vbm is a great resource here's a link to the nvlsp.org page http://www.nvlsp.org/Publications/Bookstor...nefitmanual.htm

• HadIt.com Elder

I got the 2006 VBM a few days ago. I have not started reading yet. Every SO should have one but I bet half don't even know what it is. They just fly by the seat of their pants.

I only read 2 brief sections- and already the NVLSP has made numerous points over these VCAA violations- they know all about it---and vet reps and SOs are not picking up on this-

You all know I was going to complain to the Gov about my vet reps if they didnt support my remand- they didnt-and I got it anyhow-

I instead am filing a complaint against their training co-ordinator- copy to the Gov ---because this is something that vet reps should be catching-and are not being trained to do it---

As a vets advocate I was not a claimant since 1997 and then recently in 2003 to present-

I could not determine what one was-

I do limited work here for vets and it is mainly done by email or internet-or as volunteer for my local vet org.

By the time I see a claim it has already been denied and past the VCAA stage and I never checked for these notices- however in a search at BVA numberous claims are being found to have these violations and are remanded-not in days like mine was- but in years-

The VBM has significant info on what I call VCAA Gate- the biggest VA scam yet on vets .

Also the VBM has information on exactly what happened to me-

My DRO could not read medical info so she denied my claim.

In her same same de novo- I got a replica of the initial decision- so much for de novo- and then

in a "conference" months later- with conflicting info from my vet reps still-

her SSOC bears out the fact that she still cannot read---unless it is a VA doctors statement.

The VBM states that this is becoming common for poorly trained DROs to lack the ability to even consider a good IMO.

In my case not a single other piece of medical evidence was ever addressed either-

In the front NVLSP tells you what is new-

much of the manual is traditionally repetition of past information that has not changed.All important stuff though.

This is because they do not use supplements and -after working for a law firm-I can tell you this is great- supplements are miserable to deal with.

Unfortunately Haas came right after publication but they mention the other Navy AO widow in the new VBM

and the new regs on Service records newly discovered- that is not in it either-

Well worth the price as an investment in working a personal claim or helping other vets with claims.

Berta and Everyone,

Yesterday my husband received his THIRD VCAA letter.

The first official VCAA letter came right after he filed his initial claim for DMII, CAD, HBP, Hyperlipidemia, Tennitis and PTSD. The letter came about 2 to 3 weeks after he filed his VERY FIRST CLAIM EVER.

The second official VCAA letter came right after he added to his claim ED, and IBS (gastro-problems) ediology unknown possible prescription medicine related(side effects)

The third official VCAA letter came about 30 days after my husband applied for TDIU.

I would like to clarify something about this. When a veteran or surviving spouse or family files a claim with the VA for compensation, pension or DIC the VA has a responsibility to immediately review your claim. Once they have reviewed the claim they are suppose to send to you a VCAA letter telling you what addtional information the VA needs in order for your claim to be granted, and what evidense they currently have.

Also what they will do as far as gathering records and what records you need to get.

According to 38 CFR, the VA is suppose to be working as an advocate in processing these claims. Their job is suppose to be working in a supporting role with the claimant, NOT working against the claimant.

If you have filed a claim with the VA and you have not received the OFFICIAL VCAA NOTICE with the statements from the VA regarding your claim, evidence received, evidence needed, etc. and the final page with the ELECTION BOX THAT NEEDS TO BE CHECKED AND SIGNED and sent return MAIL, you need to write a letter to the RO and your POA and tell them you want your VCAA letter so you can make sure you have supplied all the needed documentation to support your claim and its eventual approval.

The OFFICIAL VCAA letter is a protection that the court had placed for the claimant. This makes sure that your have the opportunity to gather the necessary information to WIN your claim. DON'T BE FOOLED BY LETTERS SENT THAT ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL LETTER.

Jangrin :lol:

Edited by jangrin

WELL Put Jangrin and cannot be stated enough-

and as I posted here- a veteran's claim is DOOMED if they get denied and dont get the proper VCAA Notice with the election baxes and the statement specific to their claims-

the feds printed thousands of VCAA pamphlets too that are to be enclosed-explaining these rights to vets.

These pamphlets as well as the VCAA letters and forms are sitting in storage somewhere while vets wait and think that the VA will decide their claim -

I had a wealth of bonafide undisputable medical evidence from the veteran's VA recs to prove my claim-in addition to the 3 IMOs I sent them -

Dr. BAsh had significant medical work that I had done to bolster his opinion.

All evidence of record is to be used to decide a claim.

Nada of mine was even read in 3 years and 8 months-

My strongly worded request for Remand got immediate attention from BVA because the RO had defied established VA regs and case law regarding my rights under VCAA.

My vet reps stood by as this all hapened and their BVA claims show that I was sure not the only claimant that this happened to-

I want the NYSDVA to address every claim they have there and see if the VA violated VCAA- or else!

GREAT POST Jangrin -this message HAS TO GET OUT.

VCAA Gate- is the biggest sham I have seen since the VA tried to snooker AO vets and NVLSP got them their money- millions in retro--

• HadIt.com Elder

What does the VCAA letter look like? I have not filed a claim officially in a few years so I wonder where I could see a copy of this letter. I may file a claim soon for secondary condition of DMII. If you don't get the VCAA letter does that mean your claim has entered into the VA blackhole?

Berta,

You mentioned "new regs on Service records newly discovered" in your post about the VBM. Can you point me in the right direction to find those new regs? I just located service medical records that weren't at VA for the original decision and a VBA decision I found http://www.va.gov/vetapp05/files3/0515885.txt makes me think that if I send the newly located service records I can get a "reconsideration" of the original decision under more lenient (benefit of the doubt) standards that the CUE motion I'm working now.

Am I misunderstanding? I never got a VCAA letter during original adjudication. In fact, I was still active duty until 16 days before the original decision was made.

Angela

Angela -John gave you the reg link and here is the info on the VCAA from M21-1:

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:aUSCuD...=1&ie=UTF-8

Vietnam Veterans of America describes it in detail:

http://www.vva.org/legiss/2005/072205.htm

More here and this regards the Dingess Hartman decision too- many of you got that right?

and explained here:

http://www.ptsdmanual.com/vcaa.htm

and http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:FGqUKs...=7&ie=UTF-8

This link what the President signed I think

It is hard to say if you were covered by it- usually all claims filed after 2000 enactment (Nov 9,2000) date and also those which were at BVA or CAVC at time of passage-

Read the last link as I think this explains it clearly-the amendment is 38 U.S.C. § 5103A.

Edited by Berta

This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.