VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The New Vbm

Rate this question

Berta

Question

DHL courier just brought it!!!!!! Yippee!

I pay $104.00 with advocates discount -

Regular price is $ 130.00 and as I mentioned before-tell them you are vet volunteer advocate and maybe you can get discount

unless I get for others reasons---been buying it since 1991 and have NVLSP cert-

try for the discount. Berta

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Regular price is $ 130.00 and as I mentioned before-tell them you are vet volunteer advocate and maybe you can get discount

unless I get for others reasons---been buying it since 1991 and have NVLSP cert-

Berta,

I was just telling my wife about wanting to buy the VBM. I just found it today.

Is it as good as they say it is?

if youv'e been buying it for so long, it must be.

Boondoc

It is a law manual so takes a little while to understand the format-

NVLSP -these guys are great pro bono lawyers who sure do not get rich from the sale of the VBM-I have known Ron Abrams for many years by phone and by email and a few others-

We have the Nehmer decision (they represented the widow) and many many other regs such as Haas and Blue Water because of NVLSP.

The National Veterans Legal Service Program.

They represent vets in unique situations and also have gotten millions out of the VA when VA tried to snooker Agent Orange vets due to their retro.

Many of these NVLSP lawyers aren't even vets and the VBM is dedicated to all advocates who work tirelessly for veterans.

They stand on our watch.

The VBM is invaluable for any advocate, anyone with a complex claim and many SMC issues, and anyone with a CUE claim or is at the BVA-

They have an update on the VCAA scam I have been griping about-scam is my word not theirs- haven't read that part yet-

It can be the best investment along with a IMO that a veteran can make in getting their proper award.

I donated the older VBM to my POAs and maybe will donate a new one-too-depends on how much they ki-- my a-- over their latest fiasco.

Anyone here giving claims advise-to vets ---tell them you are at hadit-and/or helping vets off line- they know of us here of course and maybe you can get discount.

It is a law manual so takes a little while to understand the format-

NVLSP -these guys are great pro bono lawyers who sure do not get rich from the sale of the VBM-I have known Ron Abrams for many years by phone and by email and a few others-

We have the Nehmer decision (they represented the widow) and many many other regs such as Haas and Blue Water because of NVLSP.

The National Veterans Legal Service Program.

They represent vets in unique situations and also have gotten millions out of the VA when VA tried to snooker Agent Orange vets due to their retro.

Many of these NVLSP lawyers aren't even vets and the VBM is dedicated to all advocates who work tirelessly for veterans.

They stand on our watch.

The VBM is invaluable for any advocate, anyone with a complex claim and many SMC issues, and anyone with a CUE claim or is at the BVA-

They have an update on the VCAA scam I have been griping about-scam is my word not theirs- haven't read that part yet-

It can be the best investment along with a IMO that a veteran can make in getting their proper award.

I donated the older VBM to my POAs and maybe will donate a new one-too-depends on how much they ki-- my a-- over their latest fiasco.

Anyone here giving claims advise-to vets ---tell them you are at hadit-and/or helping vets off line- they know of us here of course and maybe you can get discount.

Berta,

I was wondering about IMO's. Is the fee based on how complex the claim work is, or a set fee, how is it determined?

Steve

• Founder

couldn't agree more with berta, vbm is a great resource here's a link to the nvlsp.org page http://www.nvlsp.org/Publications/Bookstor...nefitmanual.htm

• HadIt.com Elder

I got the 2006 VBM a few days ago. I have not started reading yet. Every SO should have one but I bet half don't even know what it is. They just fly by the seat of their pants.

I only read 2 brief sections- and already the NVLSP has made numerous points over these VCAA violations- they know all about it---and vet reps and SOs are not picking up on this-

You all know I was going to complain to the Gov about my vet reps if they didnt support my remand- they didnt-and I got it anyhow-

I instead am filing a complaint against their training co-ordinator- copy to the Gov ---because this is something that vet reps should be catching-and are not being trained to do it---

As a vets advocate I was not a claimant since 1997 and then recently in 2003 to present-

I could not determine what one was-

I do limited work here for vets and it is mainly done by email or internet-or as volunteer for my local vet org.

By the time I see a claim it has already been denied and past the VCAA stage and I never checked for these notices- however in a search at BVA numberous claims are being found to have these violations and are remanded-not in days like mine was- but in years-

The VBM has significant info on what I call VCAA Gate- the biggest VA scam yet on vets .

Also the VBM has information on exactly what happened to me-

My DRO could not read medical info so she denied my claim.

In her same same de novo- I got a replica of the initial decision- so much for de novo- and then

in a "conference" months later- with conflicting info from my vet reps still-

her SSOC bears out the fact that she still cannot read---unless it is a VA doctors statement.

The VBM states that this is becoming common for poorly trained DROs to lack the ability to even consider a good IMO.

In my case not a single other piece of medical evidence was ever addressed either-

In the front NVLSP tells you what is new-

much of the manual is traditionally repetition of past information that has not changed.All important stuff though.

This is because they do not use supplements and -after working for a law firm-I can tell you this is great- supplements are miserable to deal with.

Unfortunately Haas came right after publication but they mention the other Navy AO widow in the new VBM

and the new regs on Service records newly discovered- that is not in it either-

Well worth the price as an investment in working a personal claim or helping other vets with claims.