VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed Without A Decision Or Letter?

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm just wondering if anyone has opened a claim lately or ever and never received a response? I opened a claim in April 2014 for two secondary service connections. All the evidence was in my VA medical records including the doctors saying the conditions were from my SC back and neurological issues.

I submitted using the new fully developed claim method. As I read it if they decide it needs further evidence, etc. it just gets kicked to the regular claim process. I get an update on May 22 2014 saying a decision was made and there is a letter in the mail via ebenefits. So naturally I figured ebenefits was off it's rocker.

So I called the 800 number and they said yes they made a decision on those issues you should get a decision in the mail within a few weeks. Then he digs deeper into the claim and says hmmmm this is weird. There is no letter in the system showing the decision and their reasoning. So I said well did they award service connection? He says I can't comment on that until you get the letter. So I said well you said there was no letter. He says good point. Then he says it looks like they updated your remand on the same day. They also updated their case about a possible ratings reduction. He says all three cases were updated on the same day. Then he says I'm not sure what they are doing here. Sorry.

So I received a letter about them continuing my TDIU and P&T. Yet I never received a letter about my remand or the new service connections.

It's all tracked and documented so they can't say I didn't submit. I'm just wondering if I should submit a NOD or an inquiry as to where their decision letter is.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks. I always forget about IRIS. Yes I don't trust anything I see from the VA whether on the phone or in writing. Hehe. :biggrin:

That happened to me. If you submitted two different claims, they might be lumping them together for processing reasons. Check to see if the open one has both claims under contentions.