VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope Came Today

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

I got the brown envelope today. 0% for my two purple hearts. 0% for my stage 4 tonsil/throat cancer. 50% for PTSD. My Ptsd c & p diagnosed as chronic/serious impairment to employment and social w/a gaf of 48.

Mailing out 4 new claims tomorrow morning for Tinnitus, Gerd/Barretts Esophagus secondary to PTSD & Insomnia secondary to PTSD & Individual Unemployability. Have not worked since 2003 and will see my therapist asap for another diagnosis and treatment schedule for PTSD.

Am I doing all the right things??

Thanks in advance for your help...appreciated sincerely.

Cavman

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavman you need to link the PTSD award of 50% to your not working. It not all that difficult if you get a Foc to write an opinon for you. I gave up a long time aho about getting much help from VA.

Good Luck you should get it soon. Have you applied for SS?

Cavman you need to link the PTSD award of 50% to your not working. It not all that difficult if you get a Foc to write an opinon for you. I gave up a long time aho about getting much help from VA.

Good Luck you should get it soon. Have you applied for SS?

Applied for ssd when I was really bad from chemo and 29 minutes of radiation daily for 7 weeks lasy winter. I was awarded after an appeal full ssd for 3 herniated disc and cancer. It isn`t much, but I thank God for still being alive and still being able to keep my daughter in our home although we have very little now due to the PTSD and cancer. Pete, what is Foc?

Cavman, You are service conected at 0 percent for cancer?

Yet you are drawing 100 percent SSD for cancer??

On your award letter, what was the basis the VA used to determine the 0 percent for the cancer?

If they 0 percented it they admitted service connection.

This sounds like the old lowball trick the VA Regional office uses.

I would file a NOD and then file a formal appeal. This one needs to go to the BVA for the person who signed off on the claim is also the boss of the DRO and I dont care what they say, A Service Center manager will and always does over ride DRO reviewers.

I think the reason they 0 percented was to get out of IU. ( would not suprise me at all)

Appeal this decision. You can also file other claims.

On your award letter, what was the basis the VA used to determine the 0 percent for the cancer?

I would file a NOD and then file a formal appeal. This one needs to go to the BVA for the person who signed off on the claim is also the boss of the DRO and I dont care what they say, A Service Center manager will and always does over ride DRO reviewers.

I think the reason they 0 percented was to get out of IU. ( would not suprise me at all)

I`m sorry if I misprinted. They denied my AO claim for cancer because tonsil cancer is not listed as a cancer covered. They do cover lungs and lower respiratory, but not upper respiratory. My argument along with my University of Michigan doctor (world renowned) is that it should be covered as an ao disability because the chemical sprayed on me had to travel over the tonsils to get to the lungs etc. Lymph nodes are acceptable, but the cancer in my lymphnodes didn`t start there, it spread there. I do have a small nodual on a lung, but not malignent....yet.

I think if I can get a doc to state I am unemployable with this PTSD rating I can get to 100%.

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Jstacy,

I have pasted this what did you mean?

This one needs to go to the BVA for the person who signed off on the claim is also the boss of the DRO and I dont care what they say, A Service Center manager will and always does over ride DRO reviewers.

What about the service manager, as my supplemental statement of the case is signed by The Service Manager and everyone thinks that I am crazy?

Josephine