Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Brown Envelope Came Today

Cavman
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

I got the brown envelope today. 0% for my two purple hearts. 0% for my stage 4 tonsil/throat cancer. 50% for PTSD. My Ptsd c & p diagnosed as chronic/serious impairment to employment and social w/a gaf of 48.

Mailing out 4 new claims tomorrow morning for Tinnitus, Gerd/Barretts Esophagus secondary to PTSD & Insomnia secondary to PTSD & Individual Unemployability. Have not worked since 2003 and will see my therapist asap for another diagnosis and treatment schedule for PTSD.

Am I doing all the right things??

Thanks in advance for your help...appreciated sincerely.

Cavman

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

12 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavman you need to link the PTSD award of 50% to your not working. It not all that difficult if you get a Foc to write an opinon for you. I gave up a long time aho about getting much help from VA.

Good Luck you should get it soon. Have you applied for SS?

Cavman you need to link the PTSD award of 50% to your not working. It not all that difficult if you get a Foc to write an opinon for you. I gave up a long time aho about getting much help from VA.

Good Luck you should get it soon. Have you applied for SS?

Applied for ssd when I was really bad from chemo and 29 minutes of radiation daily for 7 weeks lasy winter. I was awarded after an appeal full ssd for 3 herniated disc and cancer. It isn`t much, but I thank God for still being alive and still being able to keep my daughter in our home although we have very little now due to the PTSD and cancer. Pete, what is Foc?

Cavman, You are service conected at 0 percent for cancer?

Yet you are drawing 100 percent SSD for cancer??

On your award letter, what was the basis the VA used to determine the 0 percent for the cancer?

If they 0 percented it they admitted service connection.

This sounds like the old lowball trick the VA Regional office uses.

I would file a NOD and then file a formal appeal. This one needs to go to the BVA for the person who signed off on the claim is also the boss of the DRO and I dont care what they say, A Service Center manager will and always does over ride DRO reviewers.

I think the reason they 0 percented was to get out of IU. ( would not suprise me at all)

Appeal this decision. You can also file other claims.

On your award letter, what was the basis the VA used to determine the 0 percent for the cancer?

I would file a NOD and then file a formal appeal. This one needs to go to the BVA for the person who signed off on the claim is also the boss of the DRO and I dont care what they say, A Service Center manager will and always does over ride DRO reviewers.

I think the reason they 0 percented was to get out of IU. ( would not suprise me at all)

I`m sorry if I misprinted. They denied my AO claim for cancer because tonsil cancer is not listed as a cancer covered. They do cover lungs and lower respiratory, but not upper respiratory. My argument along with my University of Michigan doctor (world renowned) is that it should be covered as an ao disability because the chemical sprayed on me had to travel over the tonsils to get to the lungs etc. Lymph nodes are acceptable, but the cancer in my lymphnodes didn`t start there, it spread there. I do have a small nodual on a lung, but not malignent....yet.

I think if I can get a doc to state I am unemployable with this PTSD rating I can get to 100%.

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Jstacy,

I have pasted this what did you mean?

This one needs to go to the BVA for the person who signed off on the claim is also the boss of the DRO and I dont care what they say, A Service Center manager will and always does over ride DRO reviewers.

What about the service manager, as my supplemental statement of the case is signed by The Service Manager and everyone thinks that I am crazy?

Josephine

The Service center manager is the big cheeze at the Regional office. They are responsible for everyone and everything there. Look up the DRO responsibilities and it says in black and white that a Service Center manager can over ride a DRO.

The manager signs off on all claims.

Josephine, I do not intend to be negative for some are ok but it is a system that is designed to fail.

I consider the DRO reviewers a Quality Control person and I know for a fact if the Quality control person answers to anyone in the Office that there can be extended conflicts of interest with the Boss winning. That has been the main causes for allot of things going wrong from Airplane crashes to automotive recalls.

It is the same in an office enviornment.

• HadIt.com Elder
The Service center manager is the big cheeze at the Regional office. They are responsible for everyone and everything there. Look up the DRO responsibilities and it says in black and white that a Service Center manager can over ride a DRO.

The manager signs off on all claims.

Josephine, I do not intend to be negative for some are ok but it is a system that is designed to fail.

I consider the DRO reviewers a Quality Control person and I know for a fact if the Quality control person answers to anyone in the Office that there can be extended conflicts of interest with the Boss winning. That has been the main causes for allot of things going wrong from Airplane crashes to automotive recalls.

It is the same in an office enviornment.

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Jstacy,

I shall guess that is why my supplemental statement of the case no where states that a DRO did anything. I thought that they would at least review my claim, since I specifically ask and signed for a DRO Review.

Ruling states we place our weight with the Board as they were a Board ( did't make any difference if only one signed and one refused, due to the slanderous lies, by changing my private medical reports).

I guess he also thought it not necessary to adjudicate my first C&P of postive to me

We are sorry that you did not agree with the C&P , but it was good enough for rating.

His signature

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavman:

Foc was a typo it should be Doc. Sorry if it was confusing. I personally think it would be easier to link your 50% PTSD to not being able to work. But that is my opinion and I am no medical expert.

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavman

Go for the IU via the PTSD route. You can spend years fighting with the VA about an AO condition. I agree with your doctor but the VA will stall forever on the origins of the cancer and how it spread. If you have a service connected disability it is much easier to get it increased than to try and prove that something is service connected when the VA digs in their heels. It can be done but who has the years to deal with these chumps.

This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png