VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Regional Office Made A Desciion On My Claim Today

Rate this question

ammodad

Question

called the va to check status of my claim today like i do some times and finally got through after waiting for a minute. the guy said let me place you on hold after going over the script they have to go over, he returned and told me mr livingston a decision was made on your claim today and its showing here that a letter will be mailed out to you with the decision and the ratin.... now that usually takes about 30 days from the day they make that decision and the regional office where your located is having a 20 to 30 day time table where they get that done .. ok

now my next question was in my mind whats the decision and why would it take them 30 days to send it to me when i'm 10 minutes from them. im just a few red lights from the regional office. i found it kind of strange, weird he wouldn't just go ahead and tell me what the rating was or if it was available to him to do so.. i recall at one point where they told me they weren't able to see it until a certain point that on many occasions the veteran is the first to know and the rating is usually posted later on along with any award if any. just asking does anyone know why they do that and why wouldn't they just tell you your rating ??????

have a blessed day

They are instructed to NOT tell you about the decision.

They could easily tell you BUT they might screw something up or the claimant

might misinterpret what they say.

This is a time to check your ebenefits account and MAYBE find more answers

or check a bank account that they have on file for your direct deposit.

jmho

• HadIt.com Elder

They're not allowed, as Carlie stated. You can check and ask what rate you are being paid at or what your monthly check is, just to confirm. The 30 days isn't an accurate estimation - it would probably be sooner. jmo

pr

well i found out today by asking the right questions that im at 100% the rep told me what my monthly compensation had gone to and after that told me the award amount wasn't looking for him to do that now i was told that being at that percentage there are allot of things we are entitled to that we weren't at the average percentages its like a learning process thank you all for being here and helping me with your much needed info and all of your help and advice without which i wouldn't have been able to make it to here wanted to give it up along time ago but this is proof that if you keep pushing and fighting you will eventually succeed have a blessed day

well i found out today by asking the right questions that im at 100% the rep told me what my monthly compensation had gone to and after that told me the award amount wasn't looking for him to do that now i was told that being at that percentage there are allot of things we are entitled to that we weren't at the average percentages its like a learning process thank you all for being here and helping me with your much needed info and all of your help and advice without which i wouldn't have been able to make it to here wanted to give it up along time ago but this is proof that if you keep pushing and fighting you will eventually succeed have a blessed day

Great news on positive adjudication !

Maybe also post it under Success Stories