VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Regional Office Made A Desciion On My Claim Today

Rate this question

ammodad

Question

called the va to check status of my claim today like i do some times and finally got through after waiting for a minute. the guy said let me place you on hold after going over the script they have to go over, he returned and told me mr livingston a decision was made on your claim today and its showing here that a letter will be mailed out to you with the decision and the ratin.... now that usually takes about 30 days from the day they make that decision and the regional office where your located is having a 20 to 30 day time table where they get that done .. ok

now my next question was in my mind whats the decision and why would it take them 30 days to send it to me when i'm 10 minutes from them. im just a few red lights from the regional office. i found it kind of strange, weird he wouldn't just go ahead and tell me what the rating was or if it was available to him to do so.. i recall at one point where they told me they weren't able to see it until a certain point that on many occasions the veteran is the first to know and the rating is usually posted later on along with any award if any. just asking does anyone know why they do that and why wouldn't they just tell you your rating ??????

have a blessed day

congrats on your win. Take advantage of all that is available to you now and take care. :smile:

p&t ??? why does everything with them have to be in code ????

thanks for all of the support im most certain i wouldn't have known as much or made it as far as i had without you guys and your much needed support. it kept me going when i some times felt like stopping, so i thank you all and i share this victory with you all thanks for being here and sharing with us all .

and also to my friend Butch , who left us a few years ago i miss you ......R.I.P my friend. he over looked his problems, pain and continued to give of himself even when he was at his worst and found it hard to do so he always gave his best ..i look forward to seeing you again !!