VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sooner Than Expected

Rate this topic

haparnold66

This post is interesting as I have a claim pending in Phoenix since last August and I live in AZ. So this means they are working outside claims before working on my claim when as been pending in decision since May 30.

Well, My claim for SSD is just about ready for decision so maybe i will have both done about the same time.

Congratulations. Back to my book!

Yeah,Cool Breeze, you can get dizzy at times trying to figure out the processing timetable and where the paperwork is located @ any given moment. What is the status of your claim shown on eBenefits?

Preparation for decision since May 30th! My claim is quite complex. Currently rated at 80%. I have a pending claim for a cervical fusion done in July. That has been at 0% since 96. And of course carpal tunnel, upper and lower NP and a claim for IU. Very interesting as it won't take muck to get the 100% scheduler, however I have the letter from my VA Voc Rehab counselor telling them to give me the IU 100% as I can no longer work for a back up. And my claim for SSD is almost done as I just faxed the documents I got from OK for the work and function test yesterday.

Every time I feel like giving up I come here and read. Congrats and thanks for inproving my morale this morning.

Every time I feel like giving up I come here and read. Congrats and thanks for inproving my morale this morning.

As NC State basketball coach Jim Valvano famously said while dying of cancer back in the '90s, "Don't give up....don't ever give up." His team had won the '83 NCAA title against very long odds. Anyway, I also like to come to this Hadit forum topic because it provides hope to those who could use some and who deserve it.

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing the details of your story. It helps others to know a little bit what to expect.

I'm curious of two things.

At what point did they send your claim to a different regional office?

Did you get the ratings that you were expecting?

PS --if you're not working, be sure to file for TDIU & Social Security disability.

Well. I finally got my "sierra" together and filed an FDC for TDIU today. eBennies was constipated for a while, but the claim finally uploaded. Now the clock starts running again. Thanks to you NavyWife & others who recommended the TDIU, especially @ age 65. I haven't been able to work for 4 years.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use