VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Conflicting Info From Davso's

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

So last month my DAVSO tells me, after I ask, that all I need to send in for my NOD is a letter stating I am filing a NOD. Today I called the DAV and speak with another SO and mentioned to him that I am going to file a NOD and he said I have to send in a VA Form for the NOD. I told him his other SO told me I just had to send in a letter, he said no, what a cluster ______!!!!

I so I asked him why a personal letter I sent to my, when I filed the original claim, DAVSO was sent over to the VA with the original claim, and that letter was used in the denial. He stated they have to send over everything I send them, or the SO should have shreeded the letter or retured it to me WTF!!!

Hugh

Edited by hmcquade

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hugh,

If your profile did not say Michigan, I could almost swear that you used the DAV in Montgomery, AL.

Keep in mind tat if the DAV does anything to hinder a claim, Their Arses can be sued. Do your claim yourself and if denied, Get an attorney.

Use caution when selecting representation. Many of these folks think they work for the VA.

J