VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Decisions

Rate this question

BoonDoc

Question

First of all, please ecuse my spelling and grammer.....

I just noticed that the reason that i was denied this time was different from the first time they denied. I open a new claim 1997 with the rating decision being denied. I failed to appeal; I was reduced by 20% for one of the SC disabilities that I had the C&P that's required and I didn't know that on appeal my rating was protected from being reduced again...I was afraid of loosing money!

I submitted a claim for IU again in March 2006 with the rating decision Sep. 6, 2006 ( which is quick).

The reason for denile was different this time.

I am wondering if they can just keep changing the reason for denile and string me along at the RO level for ever.

The whole reason this time is nothing to do with the medical aspects of the SC disability, but the srason I left work back in 1996.

If I had know this reason back in 1999 I would have appealed since it something I can pretty well prove.

I really think that they do this crap to jack us around, and maybe we won't know the law, and go away....

Anyone had the reason for denile changed in their rating decision denial , or know how to deal with it?

Thanks,

Boondoc

Edited by BoonDoc

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

BoonDoc -

Haven't been through that yet, but it sounds like you're back in NOD land.

Why not request a DRO review WITH INTERVIEW and present your case

to him/her eyeball to eyeball. Got to be quicker than the constant denial

to NOD and back you've got going now. :lol:

Objee

BoonDoc -

Haven't been through that yet, but it sounds like you're back in NOD land.

Why not request a DRO review WITH INTERVIEW and present your case

to him/her eyeball to eyeball. Got to be quicker than the constant denial

to NOD and back you've got going now. :lol:

Objee

I have been working on the NOD, and thought about telling them that I'm available for an informal conference as they call it. I was their regs and they are allowed to give "leading" questions during one of these.

I may go ahead and do that, and then I can always ask for a formal hearing at the local RO, and do exactly what you just said. I spoke with a retired VA ratings person yesterday, and she said that things look different on paper, but after me explaining what happened it does make sense to her, and that I should ask for the hearing.

I was also told by the DAV SO that the date I put on the form didn't matter...the heck if it doesn't...the VA claimed that I put the wrong date of my last woking in 1996, as 1995...honest mistake after being so sick and on all of the meds I take.

Anyway, I think it might be worth a shot.

Boondoc