VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Ask For A Dro When I File My Nod

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Hi All, need some more help.

I am filing a NOD for the RO denial of my PAD secondary to my SC DMII. I was speaking with an attorney from Florida who suggested I ask for DRO hearing. Since I have new IME/IMO that a face to face review of the new IME will help get the rating.

What does everyone think?

Thanks again,

Hugh

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the feedback, I will file the NOD and request a DRO hearing.

Hugh

This is what I did. I asked for an in-person DRO hearing. Like PR says, there can be a lengthy wait. Mine was about 22 months in total, but the DRO was able to cut through all the BS and even said what I had to endure was just stupid. Just keep in mind that you better have all your ducks in a row. Solid evidence wins cases.

This is what I did. I asked for an in-person DRO hearing. Like PR says, there can be a lengthy wait. Mine was about 22 months in total, but the DRO was able to cut through all the BS and even said what I had to endure was just stupid. Just keep in mind that you better have all your ducks in a row. Solid evidence wins cases.

Thanks, I filed for the NOD and a DRO hearing.

Hugh

Not to be a downer - but I for-see about 2 years or more for the DRO Hearing to be scheduled.

It will depend on how backed up your VARO is, how many requests are in front of yours and

how many DRO's (G-13 or higher if I remember right) are available there or available to travel

to different VARO's.

jmho

Thanks, I waited for 2 years when I filed a NOD for my tinnitus appeal.

Hugh

• HadIt.com Elder

It is a mess and getting worse. I filed DRO requests a few years ago and I waited less than a year. If you have to wait 3 years for a DRO you might as well go to the BVA. You can ask for a personal hearing on your claim at the VARO at any time. It may be faster to do that than ask for a DRO.