VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Ask For A Dro When I File My Nod

Rate this question

hmcquade

Question

Hi All, need some more help.

I am filing a NOD for the RO denial of my PAD secondary to my SC DMII. I was speaking with an attorney from Florida who suggested I ask for DRO hearing. Since I have new IME/IMO that a face to face review of the new IME will help get the rating.

What does everyone think?

Thanks again,

Hugh

It is a mess and getting worse. I filed DRO requests a few years ago and I waited less than a year. If you have to wait 3 years for a DRO you might as well go to the BVA. You can ask for a personal hearing on your claim at the VARO at any time. It may be faster to do that than ask for a DRO.

Man you think the DAVSO would have told me that this morning!!! Ok but what is the difference if I filed the NOD? The SO told me this morning if I just file the NOD I still will wait 2 years. I am not familiar with the VARO and how that ties in with the BVA

Hugh

Edited by hmcquade

We request DROs in every single case, with the exception of one case.

Here's my thoughts pro/con on the DRO process. Like another poster said, if you have your ducks in a row, you can usually resolve the case right there with the DRO.

Here's how I (generally) approach a DRO hearing.

Even though the waiting list for DRO is 6 months to 2 years (smaller ROs have shorter wait times), if you skipped it and went for a BVA hearing, you would still have to wait 1-2 years on remand while they develop the evidence. The official statistic is that between 2-5% of cases get resolved at the DRO conference. My experience is that it is much higher.

Keep in mind, if you have a medical or financial hardship, request an expedited DRO hearing. Most ROs will bump you up on "the list".

Chris

Heres the 10.000 dollar question. why is it that the RO wont sniff a claim that has been decided for DRO hearing or write you a statement of the case for eventual descision by the BVA,in less than 2 years. but if you do a REOPEN, they are on it like a used car salesman at tax refund time. They usually still deny you, but they were able to 1. obtain the rest of any evidence you may have had and 2.. Squashed you initial filing date ..saving the VA boo coo money. They sure do seem to make time to do things that favor the VA but not the veteran. THEY WANT TO PUT THE BOOT IN YOUR ASS BEFORE SOMEONE PUTS YOU WISE. THATS WHY

the advantages of making the vet wait are

1. they might die

2. theres no interest to pay them no matter how long it takes

3. they might commit suicide from thier anguish

4.they could get incarcerated with a felony (desperate people do desperate things ya know)

5,the VA can take thier time and find the " right " CP examiner to rebut evidence in the vets favor

I firmly believe that the way the VA handles claims was a system that was initially designed to SLOW claims down. Now, that shit has gotten hectic, they dont know how to fix it, and speed things up. They have created a moat so deep and a castle wall so high, to delay and deny vets out of thier compensation, that they dont know how to take it down.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Also I believe that thats the only reason VSOs are allowed to hang out with the VA. A vso will have u fill out a claim. ok, he wont ask for a shred of evidence. He dont care what in the hell you claim or why you claimed it. Hes happy to get his POA. Ok claim gets denied. VSO doesnt look surprised AT ALL. ok now its 18 months later. He tells you,, this happens all the time. we are going to do a request for reconsideration. BUT what he really does is files for a REOPEN.

YOU JUST LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. Does the VSO not think thats a descision you should be part of? Also, if they thought they could win it in the first place why ask for more evidence and file a reopen.

If you cant see something wrong with this. then you cant see. I believe that the VA just loves the VSOs . Look how much money they are saving them.

The poor veteran who doesnt know ant better, thinks, SHEESH, the VA DENIED me but that dang SERVICE OFFICER. he just kept a fightin for me. He went as far as reopening my claim. and I won 10 big percent. couodnt a done it without them. lifetime member here I come. send a sticker too.

Well I mailed in my PW to the DAVSO on June 22nd. I called them this morning and the secretary told me she my PW is not in the system, and she looked for it, could not be found. Then she tells me I can email the PW to her. funny my DAVSO never told me I could email them. WTF!!

Hugh