VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Study

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

Neuro told doctor told me I need a sleep study immediately. I told her i don't like the glue all over me and it is a waste of time. She said if I had a stroke in my sleep I would most likely die in my sleep. I said since you are talkin to me so sweet I will do the sleep study.

I am glad I did because I was on a bi pap. This machine is awsome. My throat stayed open the entire time it was on. I slept like a baby for about 10 hours. I put in for a change to bi pap. Even if the face mask doesn't fit well all the time it worked anyway.

I hope John999 has or can get one of these.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My doctor had to request an in home sleep study because the one I did at the VA hospital did not work.

It was a three night study and I was given a C PAP machine within 30 Days.

• HadIt.com Elder

It took me five months to get a C-pap thru the VA and they said I needed one immediately. Thanks VA - I know you're disappointed as I didn't die waiting. I ended up seeing a private sleep doc, who explained to me that the VA dispenses C-paps just as they come programmed and doesn't program them to each vet, which is why many vets are non-compliant, as they are not working as they should. My private sleep doc ordered me another sleep study and switched me to a B-pap, which I had the next day. Thanks Medicare!!!

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I have B-Pap. I still have trouble tolerating it. In order to not have noisy leaks I must strap my mask on tightly. This causes pain after a few hours. I also have fearsome dry mouth after using B-Pap. I wake up every few hours dry as the Sahara, and have to drink. Then I have to piss. This goes on all night and I wake up half dead in the morning. I use Adderall or Provigil to stay awake during the day otherwise I am so sleepy I can't function. I have tried VA and private sleep doctors. I have talked to dentist who wants $2500 to make a device for me. One doctor wants to operate on my nose and throat. I really don't know what to do. I keep trying.

John