One Vso Org's Letter Regarding Hr4810 & S2450. What Say U

autumn

i see the VFW, AL, others writing more specific about accountability at VA in light of new VA wait-lists scandal, etc. however, from another VSO, at the below link, i don't see much call for accountability

this link shows the other VSO and their requests to Congress regarding the new HR 4810 & S 2450 bills under review. i don't see that much about accountability with regards to correcting much of anything at VA. if its there, then i missed it:

http://www.pva.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=ajIRK9NJLcJ2E&b=6350111&ct=13996439&notoc=1

i don't see how an org such as VA can really be fixed of all the corruption without real accountability. versus say just a few scapegoats, tossing billions back at it, letting it investigate itself, deflecting root causes to the ether, etc. i applaud pva for asking for some good things for us veterans, but, its odd they don't seem to want any real accountability at VA.

that letter at first read, just seems like more of the same ol same ol, except for more money, bigger bandaids, now blaming infrastrcture & IT for much of the access problems(really?), etc. is PVA reading any of the whistleblowers accounts and investigative journalist reports these days?

new billion dollar hospitals were built, yet the books were still cooked at multi-locations? not an infrastructure problem! appointments canceled widespread in last part of year, then veterans med record show a "no show" for appt in new year that just happened to be canceled just before last year ended. not an IT problem. that's a widespread VA culture human greed problem cooking books. and the very tip of this iceberg.

i've heard the same reasons for over 20 years of what the VA needs. since no one is really held accountable, it just keeps going on and growing. current news reports validate this.

I think the corruption is so widespread, almost everyone has something on someone else. So they all sit quiet. Theres people in high places making alot of money who dont want things to change.

• In Memoriam

They are confined with the rules of their UNION. Sanders is taking money from them. Trying to manuver around the union is impossible. They are more concerned with the union than they are with the Veteran. Firing one of these people is impossible especially when they have many members of congress in their pocket.

The entire VA organization needs to be overhauled, top to bottom, without union representation. Offer the workforce a standard contract based on performance and quality of work. We don't need people sitting behind a desk saying, "Ha, Ha, I'm union. You can't touch me", and not doing their jobs. As long as the union is involved with the VA, there will be corruption.

Edited by johnjjr

They are confined with the rules of their UNION. Sanders is taking money from them. Trying to manuver around the union is impossible. They are more concerned with the union than they are with the Veteran. Firing one of these people is impossible especially when they have many members of congress in their pocket.

it must be impossible as we're seeing this unfold. and to me, this will only embolden this corruption even more and with even more billions as they ration healthcare to veterans versus actual healthcare

I think the corruption is so widespread, almost everyone has something on someone else. So they all sit quiet. Theres people in high places making alot of money who dont want things to change.

i take it this holds true for some VSO's? why this one barely mentions accountability in comparision to some of the other VSOs that jumped on it right from the get go. lets assume that is true, there must be some serious conflict of interest?